Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Asking 4 Help 4 Once

Thunderbird666Anthem April 18th, 2022

Hello.

I am here because I have nowhere else to turn to.

There are insane things still happening in my internal circles, they cannot be bothered with my issues. If I'm being honest, I don't know if I am capable of asking them for help. I am relied upon deeply by my circle of friends/family; they count on me to be strong and to handle things when they are difficult, which is often. I don't know if I can bring myself to burden them, and the fear of them not seeing me in a light of utmost fortitude controls me.

I don't know what to do. I have spent eons now searching for a way to handle these things, but until now I've felt that it was a crippling sign of weakness in myself to even admit that I am ever not okay. I have a philosophy that it takes an obscene amount for someone to be, Truly, Not Okay; I believe this is True. This line of thinking begets an infinite form of gratitude and awareness in ones own strength in their circumstances. I cannot say if it was the events or the people in my life that have fortified such a staunch belief in such a concept; be it the pain, or the frustration at the lack of gratitude in the world around me. It is a simple thing to do, to admit our strength, and strive for ourselves to head toward a better way of being. I believe, along the way, I have only continued to raise my own bar for this boundary, though. At first, it was a line for myself, that unless I was currently in the most severe of pain, I would not crumble, I would not back down, I would not blink-- I would only rise above, and I would triumph over what was standing in my way.

Now, however, this philosophy has grown-- Metastasized, really...

I have a problem with torture.

That, meaning, I cannot seem to get away from it. This is my burden. I do Not desire such things, though I often fear that it Must be my fault, do to simplistic universal physics principles, such as The Law of Attraction, and the patterns of a spiral-- is it Not my fault, if I must match something wholely at a time in order to find myself with it? This may be destructive thinking, to apply this law in such a way, but if it is Not, well now, what then?

I want to heal, and move away from these kind of things. I can't seem to find my way down that path though.

For many, many years, as I said, it was just during and immediately after these kind of sessions, that I would allow myself to admit I was not okay.

Now, if I am even mid-experience in a base for a Good horror movie, I cannot seem to let myself rest in it. I Must be okay. I have to be. Even now...

What do I do, if that bar continues, ever on, to raise? What is to be done, when there is nothing left of me but the hollow shell of a man who Once was?

I cannot stop the nightmares now.

Every day it is a new set of challenges and ups and downs, riddling me with a new plague of Lost and Leaning Hard back into the abyss...

I asked my wife the other day: What am I to do but sit back and accept? What am I to do But be Okay? If I am not okay Now, then I will not okay Next time, if [when] it happens again. I have to get better and better at this, because if I don't, I will slowly chip away. If I feel fine, I feel no pain, I feel nothing at all except for Love in my free time, then I will not fall apart again- I will Win.

She had asked me why I refuse to open up at times, about certain things; Why I never admit a time when I am "not okay"; Why I always just say that I am fine or well. She came to the conclusion on her own, that to Me, I genuinely don't consider myself to Be "not okay". In My standards, I Do Feel Fine.

I dont want to be right about that feeling of impending doom, but I already was; I already have been, and I cannot know when this series of unfortunate events will begin to cease.

I don't know where to turn, and I dont intend to hide. I want to make it through this and out of this in one piece. I want to live a happy, fulfilling, kind life with my family.

Is there any advice from anyone out there, for a drowning man, who in this moment, might just be ready to accept that he is, in fact, "Not okay"?

Thank You for your time.

Be well. I hope the best for you, whoever took the time to read this.

_S_

VioletSpringGlade April 29th, 2022

@Thunderbird666Anthem

Hi! It is true that sometimes the people around us aren't able to help, if they rely upon us. But you still need to admit the truth and get help; it doesn't have to be from them however, there are lots of other sources of support that might be better to start with?

We are often taught early in life to not show our weaknesses, feelings and fears. So that can be a pretty ingrained habit, but there is a limit as to how much we can suppress inside. Often we hide the fact that we are not OK to ourselves even, and have live our lives having no idea of this consciously. I love how you are starting to acknowledge this, important first step. 🤗