Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

relationship to your body after assault

darkthrone April 8th, 2015

How do I stop hating my body? I feel so tainted, I guess. Like I don't feel clean, has this happened to anyone else?

chioo April 14th, 2015

@darkthrone *gives you a big hug* often in such cases,the person thinks that they're not clean because of the unwanted touch and the memories. It is felt by many. But remember love,it is your body. You own it :) you're strong and amazing for sharing your thoughts is a big step towards recovery. Have you tried talking about the incident with anyone? If not then please do. I'm sure many listeners would love to find out a way with you. Loads of love and support ❤

Anomalia April 14th, 2015

Chioo is completely right. It is perfectly normal to feel that way after an assault, but no matter how you feel, you are not tainted or unclean. You are a survivor; you are strong; you are yours and yours alone. What was done to you does not change who you are or what rights you have over your body.

Please reach out if you want to discuss what happened with anyone. <3

FaithfulPerson April 15th, 2015

Dear @~~ darkthrone

You are not alone. After being raped at age 18, I too felt unclean. I hated my body. I hid myself for many years in many ways. I tortured my body as well. Fortunately, I have come to a place in my recovery where I am learning to love my body and respect it as well. This has taken time and a lot of hard work at times. I believe that you too will find this relief in loving your own body too. Feel free to message me anytime.

Sincerely,

FaithfulPerson

chioo April 15th, 2015

*gives you a big warm hug* you're an amazing person too :)

darkthrone OP April 15th, 2015

Y'all are awesome human beings. Really. Thanks for all the virtual hugs and support.

FaithfulPerson April 15th, 2015

@~~ darkthrone you are awesome too! very brave of you to post about your situation! Please keep us posted about how you're doing, will you?

Sincerely,

FaithfulPerson

darkthrone OP April 16th, 2015

I will :) today was a good day- told my friend Kay what happened and she was really cool and nonjudgmental.

brightWatermelon6983 April 15th, 2015

It's happened to me. I feel like it every day and I wish I had something that would help but I dont, however when I find out I will make sure to tell you. Happened a year ago and i still feel like this to be honest