Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

*Trigger Warning* Haunted by Violent Deaths *Trigger Warning*

meaculpa December 30th, 2015

Hi

I am a Christian evangelist and mostly work amongst crime ridden poor neighborhoods. Many of the people I minister too are/have been violent offenders.

I started when I was like 24 and my first friend and bro-in-Christ, a reformed hitman, was ( trigger warning ) brutally murdered. Let's call my friend Shak. There were some supernatural phenomena also -- like his bloodied and tattered likeness appearing in the night and wailing.

Shak's people retaliated and dealt the same hand to his killers. Very soon I was on the run too to escape the violent spiral. The trauma haunted me for several years. I went into a vagabond preacher mode, living off the streets for almost 2-3 years.

I would face deaths of people I minister too again, later on. However it was nothing like the shock that I felt at the death of my buddy Shak. Somehow, I have picked up the pieces over the years again and have started back, but I have developed this hermit like attitude. I also tend to live in extreme introvert-extrovert cycles.

I can still see Shak from the eye of my memory tunnel and it becomes difficult to stop becoming teary eyed, even after 21 years of his passing away. Thanks for letting me vent.

AdVictoriam January 1st, 2016

*hugs*

I dont have words to say. There's so much pain and suffering you've been though. Thank you for sharing even a little of that with us. I dont have much to offer except two ears, empathy, and virtual hugs, but Ill offer those with all of my heart <3

meaculpa OP January 1st, 2016

Ad,

Thanks for your kind words, they are like cool waters over a burn wound. Soothing and reassuring to me. :)