Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Quick and witted space

quickwittedCity6060 July 21st, 2021

Just a space for myself to share.

Please only supportive commentaries.

quickwittedCity6060 OP July 21st, 2021

I have shared a part of my life's storyin a group setting. And now am feeling embarrased, worried, sad and guilty. the group is a support group and is anonymous.

The things I shared are the things that are usually not being talked about. They are discussed with trigger warning tags. Well, the group that I attend sort of has a trigger warning set as default.

quickwittedCity6060 OP July 26th, 2021

This is my good morning exercise:

https://ggia.berkeley.edu/practice/finding_silver_linings?fbclid=IwAR3t_yQPQyQA55b083sfZphziMhQtg-r2Wdcthi7Cy68DwLMn1LUhLb8yD0

1. What makes my life feel enjoyable:

1) mindfulness
2) ability to see patterns
3) desire, time and opportunity to make changes
4) having the support system
5) curiousity and openness

2. Putting on a puppy pad with my significant other this morning felt frustrating.

3. As I was distracting the puppy by tasty treats, he was chasing the tail and trying to catch it and put on the puppy pants. The puppy was wiggling between the tasty treats and getting out of pants. I imagine this to be a normal and standard situation for parents taking care of their little ones (a puppy in this case). As I am writing this, there is a smile on my face. This morning we both got frustrated. My partner got frustrated with himself that he could not catch and hold on to the puppy tail. He then recognised how dumb he was feeling in the moment and chuckled at himself. Me, being all involved in keeping the puppy mouth and attention occupied, I took my partners chuckle to mean that he was dissatified with the way that I was distracting the puppy. And the situation spiraled from there into a discussion about who felt and thought what during the situation.

4. Bright sight:
1)My partner and I had a loving family discussion, which can be classified as quality time.
2) Puppy got some tasty tasty treats.
3) We have practiced the art of being patient parents.

quickwittedCity6060 OP July 28th, 2021
Internal Family Systems  Handmade Mental Health Art  image 2
quickwittedCity6060 OP July 29th, 2021

Questions to SELF and parts during the IFS process:

1. How do you experience Self or Self Energy?
  2. Which of the Self Qualities: curiosity, caring, creativity, courage, calmness, connectedness, clarity, compassion, presence, patience, persistence, perspective, and playfulness, do you have most access to?
  3. How do you share Self Energy with your Parts that might be burdened with coping skills that aren’t helpful in your life?