Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

panic attack (?) caused by childhood trauma?????

JovianPlutonian March 8th

TW: Panic attacks/symptoms

So a couple months ago, my siblings and I were discussing ✨childhood trauma✨ and I think i had a panic attack, but I'm not sure, because the symptoms were a bit different than the usual panic attacks people have. What happened was I got this feeling like a whirlpool in my chest, like I was like being sucked into myself, and my vision started blurring, and my head started buzzing, and my hands shook really bad and I thought I was about to um be unalive.

So I looked up what a panic or anxiety attack feels like, and it seems like the main thing is being unable to breathe, but that has never happened during one of my panic attacks.

So what I'm wondering is, was that a panic attack or something different?

thx

@JovianPlutonian 

It's hard to know for sure what you experienced, Jovian. None of us can give you medical advice. It could be a number of things that caused your reaction, so guessing would not be the smartest thing to offer up to you. I would imagine that this feeling was super uncomfortable, and maybe even a little bit scary. I would recommend that you talk to your doctor if you continue to have what feels like panic attacks to you, so that you can get the right guidance. 

JovianPlutonian OP March 11th

@MidwesternCalmSeeker

Ok, thanks for the advice ❤️

Apeatrice March 10th

hugs vv tight*(if ok ofc) ❤️💙

I feel you,buddy. (tw; demenstic & emo.abuse)

There was a time where l get so secared that I actually becomes un conscious, (if our body gets too much stress both physical & mental ,than its like the oxygen all run out of our brain and we get dizzy and felt the urge to faint-we become unconscious for a few moments and wake up again) I am sorry you have to go through that ,buddy. It must be unimaginably hard for you right now. I hope things goes for you. *big bear hugs*

p.s ; deep breaths and meditations helps to cialm our body down at times ike this.

JovianPlutonian OP March 11th

@Apeatrice

Thank you so much ❤️❤️

also, the scared-until-unconcious thing happened to me too :(

*bear hugs back*

thanks for the advice :D