Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Triggers and how to get rid of them

ghettosmurf October 15th, 2023

Has anyone had any success in being able to get rid of their triggers?? If so how’d you do it..

I have many from my past which I’ve managed to slowly get rid of however I still have triggers from my late sons death..

anything would be helpful to try.. I need and want my life back this new me doesn’t like what I have to deal with..

I’ve done counselling, grief counselling and therapy.. I’m looking for some self help tips and tools

WorkingitThrough2 October 17th, 2023

@ghettosmurf

Hi, I am WorkingitThrough2. I am so sorry that you are still having problems with Triggers. They are not so easy to eradicate. I have things that Trigger me, too. There is a self-help area that discusses how to deal with triggers. I had to begin by noticing what triggered me and make a list of them and my reaction. As I began to build my list, it gave me clues of theavoids to stay away from. That might be a starting point if you already know what triggers. You make a list and explore each one by asking yourself open-ended questions until you run out of answers and then see what you see in that list that gives you more insight into why it triggered you.❤️

I hope this helps some.

ghettosmurf OP October 17th, 2023

Thank you I’ll have a look at that