Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Serious question

AguaNector6700 August 26th, 2023

How do you find meaning for your life?

I need some of that.

Optimisticempath August 26th, 2023

@AguaNector6700

i wanna know this too. currently my life feels quite meaningless and idk if its depression talking but yeah 😅

some would say you create your meaning for life if you cannot find it... do you have some idea on what you find meaningful and purposeful? its ok if nothing to big or multiple things in your meaningful life check list, its ok to start somewhere if you're willing for it💕

LostTurtle2 August 30th, 2023

the only way i can comprehend the meaning of my life is through the service to other people. be it through work, family, friends, or strangers. if you're a part of positive human network, you're making the world the better place, and you feel needed and appreciated. that and cleaning your room too, lol, like Peterson likes to say.

funnyEyes1604 August 30th, 2023

@AguaNector6700following because I have the same question.

Gettingbettertoday August 30th, 2023

@AguaNector6700

I am 57 and i have been searching for the meaning of life since i was in highschool.

In all this time i have found nothing that intrinsically meaningful. For some it is their family, for others it is a religion. For me it is nothing, life is meaningless.

If anything don't look for the meaning of life look for the meaning of your life.

willingVase6638 August 30th, 2023

Find a need someone or something else has and fill it. Nature teaches us we all meet each other. The birds and the bees have needs. Food shelter etc. Nature is full of relationships between species of varying types. For ex birds that eat bugs off of cows or rhinos. Insects that roll dung. Bees that pollinate flowers. Flowers that wait for someone to come by and admire their beauty.

What I am saying is at time we feel we have no purpose. This is not true. There is meaning to our life. If we do not fill that purpose this is where we feel empty.

Seek the true purpose for your life and u will find it.

Those who seek for truth will find it.

I went through many things in life that had me asking before I was even 10, why am I alive what is my purpose in life. I didn't think I would live until 10 because of things going on at the time.

It may sound cliché but I found purpose and truth in a higher power. Some ppl don't care for that and I understand.

But either way, we r not a mistake. Nature teaches us so.

I was born out of horrible circumstances, circumstances that tempted my mother to leave me in a trash can at her lowest moments(she didnt), why am I alive then? What's life for?

I have purpose, I survived for a reason...as we all have.

Hope it helps.

willingVase6638 August 30th, 2023

Typo...nature teaches us we all meet.

It's supposed to be we all NEED

reliablePapaya7864 September 1st, 2023

I like to look at the hard stuff that happened in the past and think of one thing I learned from them. That helps me feel like hard stuff happened to make me better. In other words, I find meaning by trying to learn from stuff that’s already happening instead of trying to do something different.