Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

SA at Transit Making It Hard To Work :[

JarofSeeds627 February 23rd

When I was looking for jobs I got sexually assaulted at a station in a bad spot, and like, I know I worked with a different station and I know I went to classes still but if I have a new job.. figuring out the routes.. going to new stops. I never want to go to That Station again but even any new stop is.. oh that's why I'm avoiding looking for work again. Havent been employed for almost two years.I'm not sure what to say besides that. It made working very hard that morning. I kept being, like, okay I'll research interview questions and I'll look up internships and like normal stuff then I just started like breaking down...

I want to know that I wouldn't be put in a dangerous situation on my way to work but I was before. And I can't say that for certain. I can do everything right. I can be safe as can be and scope out the neighborhood, my outfit, my behavior. And I just have to accept I really don't know. I could get hurt. I could get hurt by existing. But I don't want that to consume my every waking thought.

Vara3112 February 23rd

@JarofSeeds627

You seem to be aware that such thoughts might haunt you for the rest of your life. You're also aware that you don't want it consume every of your being which I applaud you for.

Unfortunately, I'll have to suggest therapy or talking it out with friends. Such thoughts are not easy to deal with on your own.

toughTiger6481 February 23rd

@JarofSeeds627

First of all it was not your fault in any way what you were wearing or even being at that stop,   I can understand you having these thought and being super aware.... 

i would suggest you talk this out with someone and maybe they can help you ease these thoughts....

I feel limiting yourself of where you can go or even if that stop was on the way to a potential job.... is punishing yourself for others behaviors....

while something like you experienced is horrific.... take back your power to look forward and face the what if a job is  in a place you may need to pass that station etc....

Obviously people avoid places for many reasons but limiting ourselves only hurt us and possibilities to find something good  that even if near the area is not in any way connected.