Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I'm afraid of the answer

I'm 20 years old, I was washed until I was 11, I was wiped until 9, I didn't have a bed until high school so I had to sleep with my mother, I hate it, I don't know if it's a form of abuse, I think about it a lot, I'm not doing very well, I think that at that moment my body didn't just belong to me.

jacek73 Monday

@communicativeCat7516

Hello. I am sorry to hear about the deep discomfort and strong confusion you must be going through.

Please, do not be afraid. Telling about a problem may be painful at the beginning, but I believe that is also the first step to healing.

In the time and environment I am coming from it was not uncommon for 4 or 6 members of a family to sleep in the same room, due to cramped spaces of small houses. However, I believe the story you are trying to tell us might be different...

You are right, if any of your rights concerning possession, caring for and control of your body were disregarded, it may be regarded a kind of abuse.

Please, excuse me, but from your post and profile it is hard to tell if you are a man, or a woman - and that might be of importance.

Did you have any chance before to talk to anyone about the matters which are making you feel insecure and separated? I mean a professional therapist?