Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I don't know if I have trauma

swoossh December 9th, 2023

Hi, so basically when I was a kid my dad had extreme anger issues and yelled very frequently. I remember once he made a joke and we all laughed and then I made a joke but then he just got up and yelled at me.

Whenever someone sighs or exhales loudly I instinctively take a step back. And whenever someone puts a plate or some dish down and it's loud I immediately start crying and get an overwhelming feeling that I need to hide.

Tinywhisper11 December 9th, 2023

@swoossh I'm pretty sure that classes as trauma. There are many different situations that can cause trauma. Have you talked about this to a health professional or doctor? Maybe they can help you to start understanding and coping with it. Being scared and jumpy is not a very nice thing to deal with šŸ˜„ I'm sorry your struggling with all this, gives you a giant festive tiny hug ā¤ā¤ I hope youll be ok ā¤ā¤

swoossh OP December 9th, 2023

Thank you

I have not talked to a professional about this. I am currently in the search for one though

WorkingitThrough2 December 9th, 2023

@swoossh

7cups offers Therapy for a fee, and Maybe you could talk to your family about startingā¤ļø

swoossh OP December 9th, 2023

I am actually looking into free resources in my country, it's just difficult due to the hierarchy in the medical system but thanks for letting me know

WorkingitThrough2 December 9th, 2023

@swoossh

You are more than welcomešŸ˜Š

starryCandy6123 December 9th, 2023

I would say that, is related to the trauma, that yiur dad has left you with, 7 cups have professional trained councillors for a fee, but we also have many trained, listeners for free. Check out our list

Tinywhisper11 December 10th, 2023

@swoossh good luck ā¤ and merry Christmas ā¤