Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Poems

Goofimuss June 24th, 2023

I created a thread just for poetry because I felt like maybe some people could use it :)

so to start off here’s mine *TW*

The push and pull of gravity weighs down my soul, causing the flower that was once beautiful to close up into a hibernation that seems to last forever, hiding from the outside world. Rain never stops falling, and lighting strikes, but is followed only by a silent thunder that the outside world is ignorant of. Weeds of sadness entangle my roots, stealing any color that was left from my petals that used to be painted so vividly, and leaving me stuck, but this thief was invisible to anyone else. The sun smiling down at me is taunting, its glimmer misleadingly bright. The stars at night seem to promise joy, as we laugh together during the peaceful night, granting me freedom, only to disappear again as the sun comes back out, providing light and warmth for everyone, while blindly scorching me. The embrace of the clouds suffocate me, their water vapor like flecks of fire burning my skin. I want free, I wish to fly like the birds, but can’t, in fear of being cursed to the same tragic ending as Icarus. Down, down, down, he fell in the attempt to reach eternal freedom and joy. Yet when I find the courage to take off in that promising, sparkling moon, I’m dragged down to the depths of the scalding soil. It’s a struggle nothing has ever witnessed, for I only dare attempt to fly in the darkness of the night, when everyone is peacefully at rest. Down, down, down, I fall, into the inevitable trap of time, back again to the disappearing pit of despair, to the gravity that held me and I couldn’t escape, to the cloud’s suffocating embrace. I did not want this.

Mya000 June 28th, 2023

@Goofimuss

Thank you for sharing your poem and creating a thread for others to express themselves through poetry. Your words beautifully depict the heaviness and struggle you're experiencing, as well as the contrasting elements of hope and disappointment. It's brave of you to explore and convey your emotions in such a creative manner. If there's anything you'd like to discuss further, please feel free to share.