Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Be Like Mice

alittlebook January 6th, 2022

I always have a pair of mice as pets. They’re so fun and cute and have such big personalities, despite being such small creatures. I’ve probably had a dozen mice, and they all have been unique individuals.

I like to watch them during their active hours. They’re so funny, the way they play and interact with each other. Right now one of my mice, Nugget, is really sweet and messy with her food, and Biscuit is timid and has a bit of OCD (each piece of fluff has a place and needs to be in its place!). They have two wheels, and each of them has a favorite (although sometimes they run together on Nugget’s wheel).

Observing them makes my spirit feel lighter. They just live their lives, enjoy each other’s company, snuggle together, and have fun playing.

I want to be more like a mouse. Just living life, enjoying one another, and having fun. Less worries. Living in the present. Enjoying the here and now. Not worrying about yesterday or tomorrow. My mice live better than I do. And I learn from them.

(Side note: Mice make great pets! They’re easy to care for, inexpensive, and typically friendly. But do keep them in pairs because otherwise they’ll be lonely and less healthy.)

mytwistedsoul January 6th, 2022

@alittlebook I love this post! Big fan of the little pocket pets here! :) Mice and rats. They're so smart aren't they? And people think they're dirty but they're really not - they wash as much as cats do! And so smart! You can teach them tricks and they're really fun watch and play with. They have they're own unique little personalities don't they? We used to have rats a few years back and did have 3 mice and it was so much fun to watch them -especially right after cleaning their house. How they have to rearrange things the way they like it - moving bedding around and shuffling things :)