Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

feeling far away from my family

WhateverMyNameIS March 8th, 2015

Sometimes I don't feel like I'm a part of the family :/ this is going to be stupid but my dad used to beat everyone except for me... And i never understood why. And because of that I feel useless because I can't /couldn't even help them and since it never happened to me I feel like an accomplice. Idk, sometimes I just can't relate to my family and I feel far away from them like I'm a stranger or just not a part of the family

JoeS March 10th, 2015

Hey, thanks for posting =) What you are saying makes sense. Your dad beat everyone except for you for some reason you do not know. Even though wanting to be beaten isn't exactly what you want, you realized that not being beaten made you feel left out and not able to relate to your family. It makes sense that you feel like an accomplice. I'm sure I would too, knowing everyone else is going through that except for me. On that note, I think it is quite strange that you are the only one your dad has not beat. Hm, I think since the major issue here is that you feel like you cannot relate and feel left out from your family, maybe talking to them about how you are confused about the whole situation would be a good way of "coming clean". I hope this helps. If you would like to talk about this in a chat with me, I'd be more than happy to do that with you =)