Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Like a train? (My thought process)

TransparentPuzzle May 16th, 2020

I've been working extremely hard towards my recovery from what my dad did, and I experienced something new last night; not in a bad way... I've struggled being able to identify my emotions for quite some time and last night I think... I was able to know how I was feeling... This is my thought process don't get scared lol. I was laying in bed playing Xbox (that's my de-stress) and it felt like someone plugging my emotions into a power strip, one by one. I started identifying how I was feeling to my partner out loud... then it felt like a train wreck... Clarity. I believe it's clarity, and it feels amazing. I cried and released the numbness while my partner held me. Is this what recovery feels like..?

LuckyDucky79 May 16th, 2020

@TransparentPuzzle It did to me. For me it starts with feeling sick and nauseous. Then I feel stressed, then I get nightmares, then the stress turns into emotions, and once I can feel the emotions I can cry it out and the memories come flooding in.

I take those memories to my therapist for emdr and I process the emotions further. And another hidden chapter of abuse that I had repressed is added to the story of my self. And finally I need to deal with the changes I feel in who I am and how I experience life because of this.

For me, it has been this same process over and over. So when you talk about finally starting to feel it that kind of sounds like what I experience when stress turns into emotions.

HopieRemi May 20th, 2020

@TransparentPuzzle

That sounds awesome! The first step is being able to cry it out and identify how you're feeling so you can tackle it! I am glad to hear that you have someone to hold you while you let it out.