Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Self Acceptance

Nomakhwezi March 25th, 2021

Too often in life we compare ourselves,we torture ourselves to conform to certain expecations so that we can have a sense of belonging and at times we conform to things that deep down in our hearts we do not trully believe in. In the process we missing the most importnat thing, our unique selves. Knowing we were born perfectly in dfferent colours, shapes, sizes and even the so called "Flaws" someone somewhere along lifes journey perhaps somebody decided that those were flaws and labeled them so. Perhaps these were just out of the usual.

What is self-acceptance?

soulsings March 25th, 2021

@Nomakhwezi for me self acceptance is a multi faceted feature.

It is accepting that I can only do my best. No imposing beliefs I should be perfect.

Self acceptance is recognizing that I probably will never satisfy all others expectations of me.

Self acceptance is being brave enough to be true to my own heart even if that is different than what is so called "normal". Normal is being me.

Snapdragonstorm0828 March 29th, 2021

For me self-acceptance is acknowledging who you are and embracing everything about your self. Knowing your strength and weaknesses, but also knowing that weakness does not equal ‘flaw’. Be able to admit when you need help and speak up if you know the answer to a situation.

soulsings March 29th, 2021

@Snapdragonstorm0828 I hear you. Very nice.

pinkMap4438 April 21st, 2021

Hello My acceptance is loving the person I am no matter what. One must accept their flaws, and comfortable in their own skin. Love who you are becoming and not focus on what others are doing.

soulsings April 24th, 2021

@pinkMap4438 Loving ourselves can make life so much easier.

amyaebony April 23rd, 2021

self acceptance is finally coming to terms with ur mistakes and forgiving urself and realizing tht u have flaws and u don’t have to fix every bad thing abt urself and just try to love it instead

@amyaebony yes we do not have to be perfect. Trying can be very frustrating.

April 24th, 2021

@Nomakhwezi

Self acceptance means accepting me with all my flaws and all that has occurred and just being okay with who I am today

@Amelia2324 beautifully said

April 24th, 2021

@soulsings

Thank you soulsings, you have so kindly helped me

planthales April 30th, 2021

Self acceptance is knowing that I have things that make me sad and that hurt but pushing through them. Pushing through any obstacle and accepting it so you can be the best you <3

soulsings May 1st, 2021

@planthales I like your idea of persisting in the face of adversity.

greenYard2803 August 5th, 2021

@Nomakhwezi accepting who you are