Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Relieve financial anxiety by finding someone who deals with stocks

freedomauve September 9th, 2022

Dear 7 cup listeners,

I hope you are doing well.

I am a college student and I took a gap year to work at my part-time job because:

1. I want to pay my tuition and tests that I want to take
  2. My parents are in debt

I am suffering from financial anxiety.

I like my part-time job, but it is not sufficient enough to pay for my tuition. I need to have multiple streams of income.

Hence, I am looking for someone who has a solid knowledge about financial education and stocks.

Can you please teach me about stocks and financial education, if you deal with stocks?

It can be about other types of passive income, so I am not limiting myself to stocks.

Thanks for listening to me. 😊

LostTurtle22 September 9th, 2022

@sehyun27

investing is slow and boring, but gives you results.

trading is exciting, but really a gambling and addictive and 85% players lose money.

don't ask how i know that, lol.

pick and chose what suits you right...

freedomauve OP September 9th, 2022

This is why you should get financial education to invest in stocks wisely 😊

soulsings September 12th, 2022

@sehyun27 I know very little about investing since this is a mental health support site there may not be anyone here to teach you about that.

What I have read is you should have 1-2 years emergency funding available before starting to invest. This might be difficult as a student because if you get financial assistance they count any money you have to be spent on education in the US.

Investing in individual stocks has more risks than mutual funds. Long term investing is more likely though not guaranteed to produce a positive gain, although losses are possible by investing.

Investing in solid businesses may be better than speculative things like bitcoin that has risen phenomenally and then lost 2/3 of its value. People who speculated it would rise forever were unfortunately wrong.

Another option is to finish college and get a good job where you can save in an account or your employers automatic deduction savings and investment. Long term savings is a great way to accumulate wealth.