Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Cooking Experiences!

Desmynn6789 June 28th, 2022

Hello Everyone ❤️! Today’s post is going to be about cooking experiences we have had. When we follow and cook new recipes, sometimes it turns our great, while other times it can seem as though it was a disaster. Even though we have good and bad experiences with cooking new foods, the memory of it always stay with us.

• What is the best cooking experience you had when following a new recipe?
  • What was the worst cooking experience you had when you followed a new recipe?
  • Did you do the recipe(s) again after your experience with it?

For me, the best cooking experience I had when following a recipe was when I was making a special Mexican sauce for dinner. At first I thought the recipe wasn’t going to turn out right because it required a lot of spices. However, it turned out really great and it tasted amazing. One of the worst cooking experiences I have had was when I was following a recipe to make rice balls. There was a mixture I needed to make that required milk and I accident used my plant-based vanilla milk instead of the regular plant-based milk and it tasted awful lol. Additionally, I did end up doing both recipes again and I started to improve. What about you?

I look forward to hearing about your cooking experiences 😊!

Desmynn

Desmynn6789 OP June 28th, 2022

Taglist:

@adventorousBranch3786 @allnaturalWillow7138 @ambitiousGlobe3422 @amiablePeace77 @BeamsOfHope00 @blissedNblessed @charmaeausty @dlynn88911221 @Desmynn6789 @enthusiasticTortoise6681 @exuberantStrawberries9544 @FaithMagic @FracturedPurple @fruityPond7887 @Ghasaq997 @GoldenNest2727 @helgafy @imaginativepear6493 @Jordan1872 @LisaMeighanMBPsS @meaningfulSilence @MoonMomm @nessa104 @PinkTriangle133 @politeGrapefruit179 @Scarletpear1945 @ShapeshiftSystem @SilverSeastar @soulsings @SpongeBob2021 @stephbrent @SugareeIsMe091121 @toughLand5970 @warmheart0890 @waves @helgafy

AffyAvo June 28th, 2022

Best was finding a recipe that reminded me of something my Grandma made. I wasn't too sure when starting off and even when right out of the oven seemed to sweet but after it had cooled or reheated as leftovers it was as close as I could expect from a recipe (and my Grandma's recipes were the type that left too much up to the cook!)

Bad - not sure if the worst but recently a cherry chicken recipe. It was at least good enough where it was eaten for dinner and we weren't scrambling to find something else to eat. The majority of the leftovers were thrown out though. I'm not sure if I would ever try a savory dish with cherries again, I would certainly look over the other flavours very carefully if I was to consider it.

soulsings June 29th, 2022

@AffyAvo thanks for sharing your experience. On savory dishes I usually do not include sweet flavors.

amiablePeace77 June 28th, 2022

@Desmynn6789

• What is the best cooking experience you had when following a new recipe?
  • What was the worst cooking experience you had when you followed a new recipe?
  • Did you do the recipe(s) again after your experience with it?

I remember long time ago I made a special plum cake with marzipan (going back now about 40 years 😊), I never believed I could do it but it turned out so well and tasty so I was very proud. The worst recipe was an Italian sauce, it turned out more like a soup and was horrible 😝 but I kept on trying, developing my own recipes and now it comes easy and tasty!

soulsings June 29th, 2022
  • What is the best cooking experience you had when following a new recipe? I designed a new recipe for high hat popovers and they came out really well.
  • What was the worst cooking experience you had when you followed a new recipe? I made a pudding recipe which called for 2 tbsp of coffee and I used coffee grounds instead. Boy was that gritty! lol
  • Did you do the recipe(s) again after your experience with it? I did the popovers never the pudding recipe!
AffyAvo June 29th, 2022

@soulsings I doubt I would use a recipe with coffee in it, but if I did I could easily see making that mistake!

soulsings June 30th, 2022

@AffyAvo thanks for making me feel less wierd. Those were my learning days a long time ago. I managed to survive decades of my own cooking so I must be doing something right.

amiablePeace77 July 1st, 2022

@soulsings

lol soul, believe me you're not the only one doing mistakes like that 😊 Once a cake recipe asked for 1/2 cup of coffee so I poured in all the coffee including the grounds 😁, never again. Lesson learned.

soulsings July 2nd, 2022

@amiablePeace77 I do not feel so alone now lol

June 29th, 2022

@Desmynn6789

My worst cooking experience was YouTubing a salmon recipe. It turned out nasty and I did not try it again.

When I fried the salmon it was good. Back to old-school cooking😁

soulsings June 30th, 2022

@scarletPear1945 I ate a lot of my mistakes cooking. That was my motivation to cook better!