Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Issues

DLynn88911221 March 15th, 2022

I'm having trouble with a friend. She is fine one minute with me and then ignores me for weeks then messages me when she feels like it, like nothing is happening...I don't know what to do. I love her to pieces, but I'm tired of trying 😭 I even try to see her kids because they have my heart and we adore each other and I been asking to see them and still no response. I know I'm far from perfect, but this is getting old. I miss how we all used to be💔

spongebob2021 March 15th, 2022

@DLynn88911221

Have you tried the 7Cups chat rooms for support ?

I am extending a invitation to the 7Cups Sharing Circle chat room.

InquireWithin March 15th, 2022

@DLynn88911221

It's hard when someone "runs hot and cold" with us like this. It tramples our feelings, our compassion and our goodwill. After awhile, we feel like there is no point in trying because we never know what to expect. This is not how a good friend behaves, and I am sorry you are experiencing this.

MORsnowflakes45 March 15th, 2022

@DLynn88911221

Just a guess but I can draw 2 conclusions from this:

1) The girl may have "avoidant attachment" thus the frequency of conversations and interaction occurs randomly

Or 2) She is not interested in you enough to spend the resources (time, love...) for you

Either way, if you keep trying and this still happens then this relationship is somehow toxic (a person is constantly giving and the other always want to receive more). Nevertheless, it also depends on your perspective - I wish you well in your decision."

MeaningfulSilence March 15th, 2022

@DLynn88911221

Hi there DLynn88911221

I would like to start from what you wrote: ''I miss how we all used to be''

That makes me think you guys have been connected. Sometimes also good friends and good relationships know moments of difficulties, sunny days alternate with rainy ones.

I don't know her so I can not guess what it is going on, maybe you can be better aware of the situation and see if she is facing any personal struggle that makes her behaving that way.

I would hope there's a way for you guys to pass the storm together and keep enjoying the meaningful friendship you had till now.

Feel free to connect with a listener for a 1-1 to get into depth of the situation you are living (click HERE to browse them) and also to share what you feel to, in this forum space.

Best wishes 😊