Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I don't know what to do ( TW )

KJ2005 May 21st, 2021

This may just be me rambling but oh well here we go

I feel .. stuck, trapped, being forced to be things I don't feel like I can be.

My parents claim i'm smart, yet I can't understand naything teachers say ( nor do most help me, they don't even try to help, math teacher more than others )

My mother lies to me, even to make me feel a little better ( I'm not over my ex and she said he told her he was still into me, however he's already moved on, I don't want to ruin things so we stay friends, its okay for the moment )

I've not been able to talk to my therapist, nor does she help much ( Tells me things I already know, " use art as your coping mech, " she says, but I already do, she just acts like shes saying the same thing over and over and over again. )

I identify as Demigirl yet my parents tell me its because of my firends and shows I watch ( My oher two " healthy " coping mechs, I use tv to escape reality for a while. )

My mother just wants me to be with her and uses a mental hospital as a threat when I cut myself when I relapse due to intense stress and not having any other option.

I feel like I have to grow up in order to get away, but no ones ever taught me how to act like a reasonable adult

Can I have some coping mechs? Ideas I mean

Sorry for venting to you all, hope you have a great day tho! <3

RarelyCharlie May 21st, 2021

@KJ2005 Complicated situation.

It sounds like the people you have to rely on, your mother and your therapist, are kind of stuck in their own fantasies and find it difficult to accept reality. It would be good if you could persuade one or both of them to see you as the person you really are. Unfortunately I don't know an easy way you can do that.

Growing up and getting away sounds like the best idea, but maybe that's a long term plan and not a quick fix. Acting like a reasonable adult is mostly pretty easy if you just copy other adults.

I really don't know what to suggest. Maybe push your therapist harder by being brutally honest, or something?

If you'd ever like to chat about the situation, just click on my profile picture and message me.

Charlie