Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My late encounter with pears & kiwis

Catechism June 7th

It took me way too long to start eating pears and kiwis. I only started eating pears a few years ago (Bartlette pears are the best ones), and I just recently started eating kiwis a couple weeks ago. Both of these are absolutely great in how they taste and are probably fruits that I would have totally ate when I was much younger. I think the main issue is that I wasn't willing to try new foods that I wasn't already used to. Even on my journey towards healthy living, I was unnecessarily concerned about trying certain options that were readily available to me since I might not have know exactly how to prepare them or if I would actually take issue with how they tasted. So I definitely would recommend giving new healthy food options a chance for at least a few attempts before deciding if you really can't or won't want to continue doing so.

AffyAvo June 7th

I just tried fresh guava this week. I've had it in juice mixtures and things like that but nothing where I really knew what guava tasted like. It's fun to try new things!

Catechism OP June 9th

@AffyAvo That is also something that I started eating later in life, but not as late as the fruits that I mentioned. I think the reason for that is due to getting introduced to guava by my parents, so that was a good catalyst for trying it since I had someone who could vouch for it.

Ooh, if you want a new cool fruit to try, try rambutan. They're weird looking but soooo sweet and good! HIGHLY recommend <3

rambutan-ftr_1717824275.jpg

lychee-rambutan-longan_1717824282.jpg

images-7_1717824292.jpeg

Catechism OP June 9th

@jesusredeemedme2425 Thanks for the suggestion. I will see if I can find this in my typical grocery store that I frequent. If not, then I will look elsewhere for it.

AffyAvo June 9th

@jesusredeemedme2425 I've had the other 2 but no rambutan. I'm not sure how much it's sold here. Putting in grocery orders online does have a downside, I'm less likely to notice things I don't normally get unless it's advertised.

MellowMusic June 8th

@Catechism

Hey! If you get the chance I'd recommend trying jackfruit! They're really healthy, sweet and can be used in cooking too. In fact, boiling their seeds and having them as a snack is also popular. So there isn't any part of the fruit (other than the shell) that's left unused, which I love!

Catechism OP June 9th

@MellowMusic That is good to know. Thanks for the suggestion.