Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

has anyone tried the counseling through 7cups?

IrelandsMomma June 20th

If so, did you like it, why it went not? And could you give a rough estimate of the price? I'm considering going back to my old counselor, who means well, but I'm not sure he's the best fit. Also considering finding someone new. Also considering EMDR. If anyone has thoughts on that, that would be awesome.

juliak1968 June 23rd

@IrelandsMomma

Hello, I haven't tried the pay counseling on 7cups, but I have chatted with many different Listeners and it helped me a lot. Try a new Listener each day if you want to until you find just the right fit or find several people you can stay in touch with. Having a good therapist is very important! I have 2 of them and I am very lucky. It took many years for me to finally find the help I needed, But it started with calls to crisis and 7cups Listeners. I've done the tapping therapy but forgot what its called (I think it helped me some). I found that art is a good distraction so I do a lot of sketches (16 this year).

I hope you find lots of friendly people on 7cups and locate the perfect therapist!! 😊

Blessings, Day

IrelandsMomma OP June 29th

Thank you! I've heard of the tapping for PTSD. I'm sure that can help with general anxiety too. And I do write stories, but sometimes I forget that I can do that.

juliak1968 June 30th

@IrelandsMomma

When you are triggered do you sometimes get manic or get anxiety? That was my main problem, it how it surfaced and I had to learn what was happening. I take 11 pills a day and go to counseling. I just received my MMC Medical Marijuana Card, so I am trying that right now. I feel it helps me to think and function better and in a calm state. I don't drink for 130 days so far : - )

Message me any time~

Blessings, Day