Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Day 17: Tips and Prompts for Effective Gratitude Journaling

SoulfullyAButterfly December 18th, 2023

This month, 7 Cups launched video and audio therapy! To celebrate, we’re doing 25 days of Gratitude, Self-Care and Personal Growth. Read more here.

sixteen-miles-out-6ahp8-ymoww-unsplash_1702931009.jpg

Gratitude journaling is a powerful practice that encourages individuals to focus on the positive aspects of their lives, ultimately resulting in improved mental well-being and a more optimistic outlook on life. 

Tips for Effective Gratitude Journaling:

1. Consistency is key: Aim to write regularly. While daily entries might yield maximum benefits, even weekly entries can create a shift toward a gratitude mindset.

2. Keep it personal: Your gratitude journal is unique to you. They are your experiences, your emotions, and your perspective. Don't feel pressured to follow a particular pattern or to mirror someone else's entries.

3. Go for depth over breadth: Rather than creating long lists of shallow entries, dig deeper. Even a single thoroughly explained point of gratitude can have a significant impact. Always try to focus on the "how".

Want to give it a try? Here are 3 Prompts to reflect on:

1. People in my life: Reflect on a person that you're thankful for. What particular attribute do you appreciate about this person? How have they made a positive impact on your life?

2. Victories and strengths: Write about a victory or achievement you've had recently, no matter the size. How did you make this happen? How did it make you feel? 

3. Simple Pleasures: Focus on some basic pleasure you experienced today or this week. How did these simple pleasures make you feel? Why are you grateful for them?

When we start recognizing the good, the good grows. I hope you can all find insight when journaling!

Sunisshiningandsoareyou December 19th, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I love this. Thank you for sharing!🦋

KatePersephone December 19th, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly thank u so much for this, Butterfly!