Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I love to crochet

littleChestnut6051 May 12th, 2023

When my mom passed away unexpectedly I was making a blanket for her. She will never get to use it but I am proud of myself for finishing it. I put a lot of emotions and tears into that blanket

Sunisshiningandsoareyou May 12th, 2023

@littleChestnut6051

Aww what a beautiful way to think of your mum! So proud of you for finishing it! 💛

So very sorry for your loss, it's unexplainably difficult and so much heart-shattering to lose a love one, but I hope you can feel at peace in some moments through the days that follow. Sending lots of love and strength your way! 💛

soulsings May 13th, 2023

@littleChestnut6051 you are very dedicated by your finishing the blanket. It could be a memorial to her life and a reminder of all the love and kindness she showed to you as a parent and a friend. The love you put into that blanket will not be lost. You must be a very dedicated daughter to devote yourself for your mother's sake.

Other people that have shown you kindness can also be a way to give back for all you are grateful for. That is why I volunteer here at 7 Cups.

I am still trying to adjust to the loss of my mom in the last couple months. There is no way I have found to prepare for that kind of loss. And the emptiness that follows is something that dogs me.

Hope you get the support you are looking for.

littleChestnut6051 OP May 13th, 2023

this is the blanket I made for mom
markup-848564219-788_1684017743.jpg

soulsings May 13th, 2023

@littleChestnut6051 wow that is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing that with us.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou May 14th, 2023

@littleChestnut6051 My goodness! This is all kinds of beautiful!🥺❤

compassionateCar7091 May 30th, 2023

This is amazing

purplelady568 June 12th, 2023

@littleChestnut6051- This is an amazing piece of handiwork. I am sure that a lot of of tears, heart and soul went into it. I am also a crocheter and I know how long a project like this can take!!!

I am really sorry about the loss of your mom. It really stinks that she is no longer with you, and it can leave a big hole in your life. but I'm glad that at least you have this tangible reminder to wrap up in, when you are missing her and feeling sad.

soulsings June 12th, 2023

@purplelady568 I agree that is a really big project. I am amazed at the scope of the creation. I can feel the love in it.

compassionateCar7091 May 28th, 2023

I enjoy crochet as well, its wonderful to do a tribute to your mom

soulsings June 3rd, 2023

@compassionateCar7091 that is a wonderful pasttime.

reliableBunny9979 June 12th, 2023

@littleChestnut6051

you are very strong