Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Getting clean and staying clean are 2 different things

OnVelvetWings March 4th, 2022

Hi! I'm grateful that I'm clean from Meth but I'm fearful that I won't stay clean. I've fallen down and gotten back up several times but I want to stay rooted on solid ground this time. I'm just taking it a day at a time. I'm happy and feel better about myself and am a better member of my family when I'm clean. I am going to have to keep certain people out of my life because it seems like I tend to choose drugs over sobriety when in their company (my choice not blaming) i just don't know how to kick someone out of my life when they feel they are being a good friend.

Thanks for listening. Just needed to get that off my chest. :)

sunnyWriting4806 March 5th, 2022

@OnVelvetWings

So glad for you and I'm wishing you the best with this journey. I agree starting something can be a lot different from maintaining it but if you had the dedication and energy to do one, I know you'll be up for the other.

diamondintheROUGH2022 March 17th, 2022

You couldn't say it any better the thought of falling off the wagon again can some times end up being the reason we fall off I speaking from.many times of this Scenario happening to my self I'm a recovering meth user and staying around positive people who are rooting for you and doing the next good thing is the best option for the best out come try not to hinder your self with the thought of not making it or relapsing instead fill your thoughts with the facts that you stayed clean and haven't looked back or relapse is not a option and you've moved past it to the point it's not your number one worry try to find some new routine accomplishment or goal to keep your head busy from one addict to another BLESS YOU 🙌

tornwillow March 26th, 2022

Thanks for sharing, I am so sorry...the struggle is real!!

Don't feel bad about doing what is right for you - needing to take a new road to heal and recover is all that matters!! Keep stepping forward, keep being brave, as long as you find the ground every day it will become more solid xx