Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Cut me a break, already! (Please and thank you!)

12345678aabbccc January 18th, 2020

2 those who have never (done or) been addicted 2 heroin or smoking cigarettes & do NOT understand the mental, emotional & physical hold the addiction can have on a human being;

I'm actually only quitting smoking cigarettes, but I hear it is as hard 2 quit as heroin, if not worse in most cases.

I feel like, because; I am a woman & I have pre-explained 2 people, that I've quit smoking, that they should take 'my warning' 2 ❤️.

Also, I know most people may not care 2 be constantly reminded of the agony involved in quitting a habit; however, I'm that girl who admires accolades. I do not see it as a 'soul crushing reminder,' when someone says "how's it going, not smoking, still?" I'm like a little kid in 2nd grade, wavying my hand in the air & wiggling in my seat, (all like) "pick me, pick me, yes, yes, I am good! I have still not smoked!!" Tell me how good I am!!

YEZZZ, I get that "Disneyland excited," about things❗😁, es& Yes, I get "Disneyworld let down," about things 2🥺!

& who doesn't l💖ve having heartfelt caring attention fly their way? I am also an introvert who loves 2 feel cared about! It's kinda the best feeling in the whole wide world!!

Therefore, if I have 2 remind someone that I have super freaking recent tired 2 quit a super hard long time habit, then they didn't listen, they didn't care. Is how I see it.

But I also, I do not understand people being mean 2 other people 4 any reason. & 1200 the max characters is limit here❗#LiveYourBestLife!

lovelyWhisper66 January 18th, 2020

@12345678aabbccc Hi, welcome to 7Cups! We are delighted to have you here with us. I moved your forum post to the appropriate forum category.

I appreciate you opening up to us; that takes so much courage. I'm so sorry to hear about your struggles. It is hard for those who have not gone through addiction to understand/relate to those struggling with it. How are you coping lately?

If you have any concerns or questions, let us know. Best wishes! ​​​​​​We are here for you. *sending you positive vibes*

12345678aabbccc OP January 18th, 2020

@lovelyWhisper66 thank you!

Hmmmm how am I coping?

I suppose by trading one (1) habit (smoking) for another habit earring carrots nonstop so I'll be tan in no time😁👍🤯 hahaha

I mean honestly, it's only the worse thing in the world every few hours. Like when I get a little too stressed or bored and think about the pleasure and joy,m that my mind trys to convince me that I'm missing my. & as long as I can tame this beast (my mind) trying to constantly give me excuses, on why I should give into the cravings 😡 & stop missing out on the best things that make this life and all the good, bad, ugly, wonderful, stressful, boring moments that make life worth living. I know that's extra dramatic, but that's the kind of negitive feedback and negitive self talk that my wild eyed beast (my mind) gives me at the moment. If only I could rename the language that negitive feedback and negitive self talk to: The Shezznit Language

And then if only I could teach my brain to unlearn and block out the Shezznit, I'd be set! Hehe

(PS; Thank you for the move and reply. My apologies, the system just showed me: categories: addiction: check ins: new form: post new form.)

Fantacy January 18th, 2020

@12345678aabbccc

Hi abc, welcome to 7 Cups of Tea!

Thank you for your wonderful post. First I must say, congratulations on quitting your smoking habit, you're very strong to be able to do that. If you're strong enough to quit smoking, you should be able to smash this heroin habit as well! Feel free to message me anytime and I'd be more than happy to give you any of my advice on addiction. Once again, congratulations and well done. You're half way there!