Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Marijuana

Jalynn1997 August 30th

Can't seem to stop smoking. The mood swings, inability to eat and over all quality of life just go down hill when I do. It's causing problems in my life because I'm on probation and I wanna do better and be better but apparently I'm weak...very weak.

energeticLake9704 September 4th

Man I get it. I’m dealing with substance issues too. Some years ago I used to smoke weed all day everyday. I had to quit suddenly and I remember how much that messes with my head. I couldn’t sleep, mood swing, easily agitated almost no appetite and just a general feeling of restlessness. Life sucked so hard when I quit, I thought my brain was supposed to be high in order to work best, I thought I couldn’t really be okay without it. At the time I didn’t have a choice but to quit and I knew I’d start smoking again as soon as I could, so I had to ‘’sit it out’’ until I could continue my life again. But after having quit for a month or so I started to feel better. I had more energy and more clarity. Most negative effects I experienced when quitting weed were actually caused by weed, and subsided in a month or so. 

As advice I’d say give yourself a set amount of time to quit, if in those first days I had to think about quitting forever I’d have probably rather offed myself. Maybe just the classic one day at a time, I guess that’s how I lived back then anyway. Also for me personally exercise was a huge help, always made me feel better and also improved sleep. lastly stay focussed. During the time I quit I had a few secret smokes if I thought I could get away with it, this made me very tempted to just say screw it and start smoking 24/7 again. Know that accidentally having a smoke doesn’t mean anything is lost yet, a slip up is just a slip up, not a failure. Man you’re not weak, it’s just really hard. I wish you best of luck.