Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Helpful Activities for Recovery

SoulfullyAButterfly May 5th, 2023

community-icebreakers-2_1683297050.png

What hobbies or activities have you found helpful in your recovery?

fruityPond7887 May 8th, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly

While I have not gone through recovery, I wanted to share some activities that help me when I am struggling. I really like to lean on my friends and go out with them to distract myself, I like to go for walk to help my brain produce endorphins, I like to read and watch movies, and take a nice nap sometimes!

jrk27 August 11th, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I'm surprised you don't have more responses. Mine are.... Swimming, weight training, walking, biking, hiking, adult coloring books, diamond art, latch hook rug kits, darts, horseshoes, bowling, podcasts, YouTube self help stuff

NaturalEmpath October 28th, 2023

Exercise weather it is going to the gym or going for a walk or hike. Connecting with other sober friends and support networks, volunteering for positions that I am passionate about, photography, jigsaw puzzles, fishing, cooking, cleaning or decluttering, researching a topic I'm interested in, reading, identifying new career opportunities and taking courses to expand my knowledge and skills.

Kefkaesque November 21st, 2023

I enjoy cross stitching and wood working as a replacement behavior as they're both ways I am able to alleviate anxiety to prevent the urges from following through...

quickwittedCity6060 November 25th, 2023

@soulfullyabutterfly

i am hoping to make talking to friends be the way that I spend time as a healthy activity. The next step is: finding friends!

communicativePond1728 December 8th, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly Music such as just listening to it or playing my guitar, singing and dancing like no one is watching in front of my mirror.

Also creative projects, moving my furniture around and going on mini adventures.

And biking, thrifting and movie nights with ice cream show up pretty regularly. 

Runners up are probably journaling, reading and self care apps and practices like skin care.

And also connecting with community and other needs.

🚲 🕯️ ☕ 🍨 📚 🛍️ 🎥 🏞️ 🎸 🩰 🎵

communicativePond1728 August 10th

@communicativePond1728 I want to do more mindful walks.

NaavyaThePrincess February 8th

I am not into this  but I know someone who is deeply into this and to help him/her, chose to join this community but what I realise is the person goes out for cycling or running. 

Snowy00 February 8th

@SoulfullyAButterfly

In my recovery, I have found that going on Mindfulness walks has been extremely helpful! Also, I do love writing, crocheting, and working out.