Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Fatty Liver disease

islandgypsy August 29th

Well it's finally happened. My 10 year  journey to stop drinking is getting very real. I just had an ultrasound Monday, 2 days after a very boozy cruise ...and the doc says I have fatty liver disease. I'm so scared. What have I done? I knew better. I've been in and out of AA and many other online groups. I had one year sober during COVID. I can't tell my husband, he will flip out. He is the one who has been really pushing me to completely stop. Woe is me.

toughTiger6481 August 29th

@islandgypsy

There are many forms of fatty liver diagnosis and one is with alcohol use... the diagnosis of this has increased greatly in the last few years. 

what  treatment has your Dr talked to you about ?    while this may be enough to scare you into staying sober there is non alcoholic fatty liver as well.... I hope any serious diagnosis would convince people to change things in their life...

SummerKay2024 September 11th

@islandgypsy

Sobriety is a really hard journey. Ive been sober 17 months and one of the reasons I did stop was hitting rock bottom and a health scare.  Sobriety is possible though. Communicating with someone could be helpful so you aren't alone in you're healing journey.  Sending you strength and good healing vibes. 

🐡✨️✨️✨️✨️