How to focus and not be distracted

Seleni919 September 9th, 2023

Good day everyone!

Can somebody give me some tips?

Or feel free to share your experiences

Wishing everyone a focused day.. 😄

helpfulstrawberry312 September 9th, 2023

Hey @Seleni919

I made a similar post to this because I was also getting distracted way too much and one of our members (@Mya000) gave some great recommendations

• To set clear goals: Be specific
  • Make a study schedule
  • Make smaller steps
  • Set up a reward system
  • Have a productive study space
  • Use productivity tools
  • Remember to take care of yourself!!!

Here's a link to my post just for a more detailed list:

https://www.7cups.com/forum/students/AcademicSupport_2327/NeedStudyingMotivation_309669/

Seleni919 OP September 9th, 2023

Thank you!

Mya000 September 13th, 2023

@helpfulstrawberry312 Hey, thanks for the tag! I hope the recommendations helped you!

helpfulstrawberry312 September 13th, 2023

@Mya000

Hey Mya! Yes, I'm trying to incorporate more of the recommendations you gave me and I think it's going well!

Thanks again for the advice!

Mya000 September 16th, 2023

@helpfulstrawberry312 You're welcome! I'm so glad to hear that you're finding the recommendations helpful!

jzheng2025 September 10th, 2023

@Seleni919

There are different methods for staying focus, here are some that I recommend. First is to keep your phone/device away when studying because it can easily distract you. Second is having a friend with you while you do your work so they can motivate you and put you back on track. If you struggle with focusing you can also try turning on music. I've heard from many people that they concentrate better with music on.

Seleni919 OP September 11th, 2023

Thank you! @jzheng2025

jzheng2025 September 20th, 2023

@Seleni919 No problem! :)

YSC1 September 20th, 2023

It is hard. What helps me is setting aside an hour or two to only study. Sure, I sometimes get overwhelmed and have to take a break break and that's okay. But the main thing is that you have a rule to do only one thing during that time, and following it to the best of your ability.

Seleni919 OP September 20th, 2023

@YSC1 Thank you!