Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Struggling in Spanish Class?

EspressoGuy October 12th, 2017

Hey Guys.

I have a Spanish course to take, and so far this year it's been better than my first year. But I'm struggling to learn how to learn Spanish. Mainly because my teacher speaks with an accent, and he also speaks too fast - so it's hard to understand him. And when he speaks, it's more like he gives you a set of procedures on how to do it, and not exactly why it's that way (and if he does, it's too fast). I would ask him questions, or somebody, but he's kind of "tight" because of that I would rather not talk much, or ask him for help. And it's mainly the conjugation/verb parts that confuse me. Like when we start working with los, les, and all of that.

Does anyone have any information to help me do better in the class in general? Maybe I'm missing a really basic skill that could maybe help me? (And if no one minds - anyone that is fluent, or sort of good with Spanish, and doesn't mind, would you be available to maybe add me on 7Cups so you could maybe help me from time to time, again if no one minds?)

Sorry it was a little bit lengthy, but thank you anyhow for reading this.

*warm smiles*

:)

Phthalo October 12th, 2017

Hmm I may be a little rusty on a lot of the grammar stuff but I might be able to help?

What specifically are you having trouble with?

TinyTea October 12th, 2017

I understand how you're feeling,

our Spanish teacher only speaks in Spanish to us, it's a nightmare!

Verb conjugation haunts me to this day! :3

Hopeful0001 October 13th, 2017

@EspressoGuy

Hey! I speak Spanish myself. Also, there is an app that can help with your learning and it is absolutely free! Duolingo!

emsworld October 20th, 2017

@EspressoGuy

Hello,

It seems like you are having a hard time picking up Spanish, due to the fact your teacher speaks with an accent and is working at a fast pace? It can be difficult when we are trying to learn a subject, and are confused. Have you tried using any Language learning apps? These might be able to help you with the basic words, which could be the difference on how confused you get in class. It is also good that you have decided to come and seek support on this, I unforuntatly do not speak spanish fluently, and therefore am unable to help teach you the langauge, but if you do need any extra support please feel free to message me or reply to this post :)
I hope you are having a good day.

- Emma