Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Afraid to Finish Grad School

Grey27 May 10th, 2021

Graduate school brings me so much stress, and makes my depression worse. But I’m still more afraid of graduating and feeling unfulfilled. I’ve been a student for so long I’m not sure how to be any other way. Can anyone relate?

IceCream4IceCream May 10th, 2021

Hello @Grey27 heart

I totally relate. I'm not in grad school yet, but I had a really tough time during my undergrad and took some extra time to do it. I might just end up feeling like you do when I'm at the end of my education journey. Your feelings make a lot of sense. These are weird times in general. It's harder than usual to study for many, and then some of us have pre-existing mental health struggles on top of that. Be kind to yourself. Your feelings are valid and completely understandable.

Feel free to send me or another listener a message if you want more 1-1 support.

Mindfulness Exercises: Sometimes this can be helpful with staying present, as tough as that can be.

College Life : not sure if this self-help guide will be of any use for you but I thought I would share :)

Grey27 OP May 10th, 2021

Hi @jovialButterfly6752 Thank you for your response and validation. It’s helpful to know someone else can relate. Appreciate the links and suggestions. Wishing you the best on your education journey 💙

carefulLemon5936 February 17th, 2022

I can relate to you a lot. I am in graduate school and still not able to figure out what am I doing. I also have anxiety about what my future brings and a lot of self-doubt and imposter syndrome.

KBeauty12 May 8th, 2022

@Grey27

Hi, it's been a year since your post, have you graduated as yet?

QueenDamore June 18th, 2022

I had exactly the same problem, luckily it ended. I think you're fine too

Hopeprovider6771 July 9th

@Grey27 i totally can relate I understand that you are scared about graduating from school as you didn’t know what to choose to study afterwards. Follow your hearts and choose what you are good at and what you are interested into good luck on your journey