Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Homework, homework

MymyForgotHerUsername October 11th, 2023

Hi! I'm not a university student, but I am 13 years old, so I'm in school. I struggle to make myself sit my a- down and do my homework. anybody have any tips?

Clarezg October 12th, 2023

@MymyForgotHerUsername Hello! I feel you as a student as well I struggle to find motivation sometimes too. Here are some things I do to get my work done that you could try.

-Starting some homework at school so when I get home I feel more motivated since I've already finished some of the work at school

-For me starting my homework is the hardest part so I set timers on my devices to force myself to eventually start my homework

-Doing my homework with my siblings and friends also has been a great way to keep me accountable and working 

-Giving myself breaks after working a certain duration so I don't get too overwhelmed

MymyForgotHerUsername OP October 23rd, 2023

@Clarezg

Bestie thank you so much for all of your suggestions (Especially the timers on devices!) and I'm definitely going to start implementing them<33333

JanusPi October 13th, 2023

@MymyForgotHerUsername 

Hello! I am a student and I understand you as well! I have a little trick to make myself do the work though. I put on music or podcasts and just do the work. I think it works because it distracts you just enough that you are still able to do the work. All the best! 💕

@JanusPi

Ahhh omg thank you!!

i listen to music a lot and get distracted by music videos so I use spotify now

For some reason tho, I never thought about using it to do work so tysm tysm<3333

ComfyDitto October 23rd, 2023

@MymyForgotHerUsername

This is just my personal method, so it might not work for you.

However, I set a timer. I find motivation from knowing that I have studied/did my homework for so long. I make sure to take small breaks in between too. 

@ComfyDitto

Yes thank you, that is really helpful^_^