Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Listener Research Participation Opportunity: Simulation-Based Active Listening Training

SoulfullyAButterfly November 17th, 2023

Stanford University is conducting a research study to collaboratively develop technologies for simulation-based training of active listening skills. We are seeking participants to shape the design and evaluation of a Simulated Support Seeker. This technology could be useful in a dynamic 'sandbox' environment for a listener to interactively practice different conversational scenarios, without the need for a trained actor to role-play with.

At this initial stage, we are recruiting participants for an online interview + design input session.

In the session, you will be invited to:

(1) Share your thoughts about the diversity of help seeker personas and behaviors that a Simulated Support Seeker should portray; 

(2) Use a specially created tool to construct cases and guide the design of the Simulated Support Seeker.

The study will take approximately 1 hour to complete and you will be compensated with a $25 Amazon gift card for your participation. 

Participant Requirements:

Listeners interested in participating:

• Must be 18 years of age or older.

• Must be located in the U.S.

• Must have completed 30+ conversations as a listener on 7 Cups.

Participants with experience in the 7 Cups Mock Chat program are especially encouraged to apply.

If you are interested in participating in this research, please fill out this interest form. We will reach out to you if you are a fit for the study.

Justmeforyou November 18th, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I am interested

SoulfullyAButterfly OP November 18th, 2023

@Justmeforyou thank you for your interest! In case you haven't, please fill out this interest form.

politeTouch6419 November 21st, 2023

Thanks soulfullybutterfly! I think this is great. I plan to apply and join the study. 

politeTouch6419 November 21st, 2023

*for sharing the info.

Bunnylovesyou December 1st, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly

i would love to join, just to give feedback, but Im 15. If you find you need teen feedback, please let me know ❤️❤️