Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Apply to the Content Volunteer Team: 2021

SoulfullyAButterfly June 29th, 2021

Hi everyone,

The Content Volunteer Team at 7 Cups is being restructured and is now open to join for several roles!

Are you interested in using your writing skills for change? If content writing or editing interests you, the 7 Cups Content Volunteer Team might be a team to get involved in!

Aims:

The Content Volunteer Team will be working on improving the quality of our existing content pages, including our Question and Answer spaces, alongside our Expert Mental Health News and Advice sections.

Open to both listeners and members, consider joining if you:

• Are passionate about improving the existing content at 7 Cups
  • Have creative ideas for future content
  • Are ready to contribute towards more expert mental health news and advice

With opportunities that involve writing and editing alongside interesting interviews and story, facts, and research-based content, the Content Volunteer Team is a great opportunity to pour your passion for writing or even learn new skills and teamwork opportunities.

Although there are no strict requirements to join we ask you to dedicate your time and effort as often as you can! A minimum three-month commitment is a suggested time period for effective experience and team collaboration. We are excited to build a great team of writers and contributors!

Want to Join but feel like you would like some extra guidance? Consider joining the Content Development and Marketing (CDM) Academy Program!

CDM Graduates are strongly encouraged to apply to join the Team.

Please note that you will need to share an accurate, active email address as it will be used for primary team communications. Please also consider adding/white-listing the following address to make sure you receive emails: ayesha@7cups.com

Some of the current roles and their respective task descriptions that the Content Team is looking help with are:

1. Writers (Shorter forms of writing including improvements to existing Q&A Content as well as contributing fresh article content)

• As a writer for shorter forms of content, you will be expected to contribute at least 10 Q&A tasks per month. Writers are expected to submit at least 1 article per month.

1. Editorial Assistants

• As an editorial assistant, you will be trained to edit articles with various focuses, some including CDM trainee submissions, therapist submissions, as well as other forms of editing of fresh as well as existing content.

• This role requires proactiveness, with a minimum of 1 article edited per assistant.

• Editorial Assistants can also help with other editorial needs.

Added Benefits: Attain a personalized recommendation letter to go with your CV/portfolio or online freelancing/remote websites after being consistent for 2+ months and contributing 2 articles/month.

To apply to any of the above roles, click >HERE<

Clarisse29 June 30th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly
this is so cool! applied for it <3

RideaRainbow August 11th, 2021

I had applied long ago but never heard back.

SoulfullyAButterfly OP August 11th, 2021

@RideaRainbow Hi there, you can PM me to get an update on the status of your application

cuteeeezombieeee June 30th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly
Just wanted to point out something about the application form. If I'm applying for the editorial assistant role, answering the question about "specific task for writer role" still appears as compulsory. I'm unable to submit the form without answering all compulsory questions. Could you please look into the matter?

11820Read June 30th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Similar question as mentioned above. It seems that all questions are required, even though there's one question I don't feel I need to answer in order to apply for the role desired.

Or should we just put an "N/A" to questions we prefer to skip?

SoulfullyAButterfly OP June 30th, 2021

@cuteeeezombieeee @11820Read - thank you for pointing this out, it has been corrected.

CherryGarcia900 July 1st, 2021

I should totally apply

SoulfullyAButterfly OP July 1st, 2021

@CherryGarcia900 I look forward to your application!

Iamsamtiwari July 1st, 2021

Me too here also🙂

lyricalAngel70 July 14th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly
I would love to be a part!
Applying right away, can't wait to get started. ❤
Looking forward to hearing soon about my application.

11820Read July 15th, 2021

May I know when the announcement/decision would be sent out to registrars, please? Thank you in advance.

SoulfullyAButterfly OP July 15th, 2021

@11820Read Hi there, you should hear from me before the beginning of next week! Thanks for your patience

11820Read July 17th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly Thank you for the information!

theriverissinging July 19th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly
Hi! Have you received my application? Just posting to know because I just submitted it and my network seems to be unstable. I don't know if the form went through

SoulfullyAButterfly OP July 19th, 2021

@theriverissinging I got it, thank you!

theriverissinging July 20th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly yay! Thank you for letting me know

HopieRemi August 22nd, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Once I finish up my college work I will consider applying :)

Bre4Me January 14th, 2022

I'm looking forward to participating once I've finished the academy course.

SoulfullyAButterfly OP January 14th, 2022

@Bre4Me awesome!

MarwaneB January 30th

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Applied, with pleasure! : )

CupcakeCaring February 5th

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Hey, This seems like a really good opportunity. I have applied for this. 😍

snugglesnow February 7th

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Hiii! this sounds great!

Is the one article edited per assistant, per month or how often? What happens if I need to take a break around exam period, is it possible to pick it up again e.g., for the next month? Around how long does it take to edit an article?

Also with the recommendation letter, would it be considered work experience or volunteering? I need to fulfil a required number of hours for my school, of work exp. and also volunteering, would this be able to be used for that?

Thank you so much! :)

Clarisse29 February 7th

@snugglesnow

@Hope @SoulfullyAButtetfly tagging you! 

SoulfullyAButterfly OP February 11th

@snugglesnow Hi Snuggles, thanks for your questions

Yes it is 1/month and you can do more if you have time. Yes, you can take a break and still stay on the team provided you inform me. Yes, I do personally offer a recommendation letter after 3 months on the team and it would state the details of your contributions. 7 Cups also offers recommendation letters for other things - you can read more about this here

As for the time it takes to edit, it varies per article but is about 1-2 hours maximum. If you want to give it a try, you can contact me.

sky2Ocean20 February 18th

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Such a great news for us. I applied for it as soon as I came across this and waiting to get my application accepted. 

snugglesnow February 18th

@sky2Ocean20 oooh let me know how it goes, I'm also thinking about applying after this term :) 

sky2Ocean20 February 19th

@snugglesnow

sure, I will update 💚