Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

7 Cups Academy: Content Development and Marketing (CDM) Program

SoulfullyAButterfly January 20th, 2021

Hi everyone,

Earlier this month, the 7 Cups Academy went live and its core aim is to provide a platform where our community users can strive towards leadership and professional excellence.

I am excited to introduce and launch the Content Development and Marketing (CDM) Program as the latest addition to the Academy:

Goal: Help generate and market mental health-related content at 7 Cups

Program Description:

The current program focuses on teaching writing tips and social media content creation practices to help generate and shape valued content to be used to aid mental health awareness and support, both at 7 Cups and for any personal projects/opportunities interested trainees may participate in. The program utilizes practical tasks and assignments to combine learned and personal strengths-based skills and lead to experience and contribution within the 7 Cups community.

Program Learning Goals:

The program will aid your understanding of best writing practices essential to creating content that relates to and contributes awareness and support of topics that fall in the mental health industry. It will not only enhance your communication and writing skills but provide a chance to research and generate ideas as well as get to publish finalized articles and content at 7 Cups. Moreover, it will allow you to understand an aspect of SEO based writing applications as well as effective social media marketing strategies that help boost and enhance the valued content you will produce.

Program Outcomes:

The program will result in attaining relevant writing, research, and marketing skills applicable to the mental health-related industry. Be a published and recognized contributor for the 7 Cups platform and be a part of the global mental health awareness and support movement! Earn a program completion certificate and be a proud alumnus of the 7 Cups Academy after graduating from the program. You can also choose to request an additional letter of recommendation. After graduation, gain an opportunity to become a permanent member of the 7 Cups Content Volunteer Team to further enhance your experience!

Requirements to Join:

• Be a Listener for 2 weeks and have at least 10 1-on-1 Chats

• Be a member of the 7 Cups community for at least 1 month.

Note: Although no prior knowledge is required to join and participate in this Content Development and Marketing Program, this program does not aim to teach basic writing skills involving grammar.

Program Duration:

• 8 - 12 weeks as per availability/choice (learning and practical work combined)

Program Trial:

Every program participant will be on a two-week trial which will aid in determining whether this program is a good fit for you.

Onboarding Info

We will onboard new trainees every week on Mondays. The first batch will be onboarded on Jan 25, 2021.

Please apply at least 5 days before the start date you prefer. The start date will always be a Monday. Please fill the application accurately (wrong start dates, usernames, or emails will result in rejection)

You will receive the acceptance email 3-4 days before your program start date. You are required to respond to the email and confirm that you can make the commitment to complete the program. Failure to respond will result in rejection of the application and you will need to apply again

To apply, please find the application form here

Updated on July 25, 2021 to update the Listener eligibility criteria,

Updated on August 18, 2021 to update Program Duration as per Updated Structure

Post updated to reflect the Academy acceptance email update on Jan 3, 2022

Ines1229 January 20th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Exciting!! 🤩🤩

Teetotal November 23rd, 2021

Great, sounds good! What updates have there been, and can you email me some more information about this, pls? :) @SoulfullyAButterfly

SoulfullyAButterfly OP November 23rd, 2021

@Teetotal sure, I will PM you on-site

DayDreamWithYou January 20th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Ooo, sounds amazing! May I ask what are the weekly requirements, graduate requirements, or roughly how much time each week this course would require?

SoulfullyAButterfly OP January 20th, 2021

@DayDreamWithYou Hi there, to graduate, one must complete all the required coursework and practical activities that go alongside it. The weekly coursework will be shared on a week to week basis. As for how much time it would require, I did not mention it as it is hard to estimate how much time to allow for writing-based tasks and I don't want to seem like it is too pressuring either. The course duration of 8 weeks has generally allowed a great division and balance between the weekly workload, so I do not think it will total up to anything of a burden. The trial can also give insight into that factor.

DayDreamWithYou January 20th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Got it! Sounds good :) Thank you!

bravesoul234 April 20th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

That's a great initiative...Really glad to hear that...🙌

blackBreeze8485 September 12th, 2021

@DayDreamWithYou
sounds exciting!!
Thank you❤

Listeningsarinn January 20th, 2021

This is awesomeeeee! Hugeeee thanks and big shoutout to community team, keep being fantastic! (Is trying so hard to keep herself from applying and wait until gldd is done so it’s possible to put all focus on this) Also, i couldn’t find info about required course work for this course so can you please tell us more on that too soul?? *~*

@Listeningsarinn thank you for your interest and I'm glad to hear that you are liking the GLDD one too! The weekly coursework will be shared on a week to week basis but basically will consist of aspects of the 7 Cups Content Team as well as some social media aspects too! The trial can help give more insight into that. The course duration of 8 weeks has generally allowed a great division and balance between the weekly workload, and I believe students will like the mix of learning plus practical experience

Listeningsarinn January 21st, 2021

Sounds great! Thanks *~^

mxmes January 20th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

This sounds great! Excited for this.

Solome24 January 20th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly Hi there is there an update on my content team applciation at all? Thanks

Hi, will PM

TortueDesBois January 20th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly how many hours a week?

SoulfullyAButterfly OP January 21st, 2021

@TortueDesBois Hi, the weekly coursework will be shared on a week to week basis. As for how much time it would require, I did not mention it as it is hard to estimate how much time to allow for writing-based tasks and I don't want to seem like it is too pressuring either. The course duration of 8 weeks has generally allowed a great division and balance between the weekly workload, so I do not think it will total up to anything of a burden. The trial can also give insight into that factor.

GlenM January 21st, 2021

This is wonderful! Great work! Content plays a significant role on 7 Cups and I’m delighted you have designed this program to help us better help others. Thank you!

SoulfullyAButterfly OP January 21st, 2021

@GlenM thank you for your support

LetsWeatherTheStorm January 21st, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I was actually looking forward to be part of the 7Cups Lightship team since sometime...I'm grateful to see that this course will give us the needed knowledge to create good mental health content on Social Media...I guess including the basics of Cartooning might as well help to enhance the content presentation on social media.

Can't wait anymore to make some time to complete this couse.🤩

Thanks a Lot 7Cups Academy for designing amazing courses!♥️

mvpeng January 31st, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly This is amazing! Thank you for offering this wonderful opportunity.

sunlightspirit February 6th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I am very excited about this opportunity to be a part of developing content for 7 Cups. Even though I got my degree in Pyschology, my entire career was in designing and developing instructional materials using the ADDIE & SAM models. I was always the go-to person for not only developing content but also editing content since I seem to have a knack for spotting errors in grammer and sentence structure (to a fault). My current career path has me back full circle to my psychology degree (want to become licensed) which is partly why I devote my time here with 7 Cups. What a great opportunity to have the best of both worlds; content development for online therapy! Thank you for the chance to work on an exciting team.

SoulfullyAButterfly OP February 6th, 2021

@sunlightspirit so nice to know all this and have you joining the course! I so relate - I also am a psychology student aspiring to be a clinical psychologist but content has always been a powerful tool to advocate mental health. 7 Cups is a great platform and I would love to have you complete the course and join the team too if interested!

sunlightspirit February 25th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I really want to go through the course, however, I am currently in the QLP and a Listener Coach training. until April. Once I complete these 2 courses I will galdly re-apply to be more involved in the content developement as I really enjoy writing and reviewing training documents. Thanks

SoulfullyAButterfly OP February 25th, 2021

No worries - it will always be open ❤️

QuietLotus February 18th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I just applied and feel excited about it. I hope I get in smiley

keepfreshio February 18th, 2021

Will this be on-going? I would love to join in on this, but I have not been an active listener for over a month.

SoulfullyAButterfly OP February 18th, 2021

@keepfreshio Hi there, this is an ongoing course, yes. Please note that you would only need to a Verified listener to apply on a listener account. Find more information on how to get verified here

allnaturalLight9109 February 24th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly Thank you for organizing this event. I applied about 2-3 weeks ago but have not heard from it. Does the program still take people? Thanks again!

SoulfullyAButterfly OP February 24th, 2021

@allnaturalLight9109 yes, the program has bi-weekly onboarding - you do not seem to meet the criteria: please learn about how to get verified here

allnaturalLight9109 February 27th, 2021

Thank you I will look into the criteria 😀

mvpeng March 3rd, 2021

I just applied, can’t wait to hear back and hopefully join this program!

0NeMe0 March 17th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

This sounds very exciting! I think it is a great idea to allow some exposure as well as to help the world on the crucial topic of mental well-being. I would love to join, however my on-going exams would make time a constraint. I wanted to know, will this be happening as long as until June and onwards? If so, I wwould definitely want to apply at that time. Let me know! :)

SoulfullyAButterfly OP March 17th, 2021

Hi, yes this will hopefully be open for sure!

YourFriend1403 March 20th, 2021

Hi! Thanks so much for posting this. If I find out halfway into the program that I'm too busy to continue, would there be any penalties if I drop out? And could I reapply at a later date?

SoulfullyAButterfly OP March 21st, 2021

@YourFriend1403 Hi there, there will be no penalties, you can generally ask for extensions or can always reapply

comfortableIris2754 April 7th, 2021

How to join this program

SoulfullyAButterfly OP April 7th, 2021

@comfortableIris2754 To apply, please find the application form here

turnoverparty April 16th, 2021

I registered, thanks for this!

JosmeFiling April 26th, 2021

@SoulfullyAButterfly

This is great to know. A lot of important informations here. Thanks!

breakableTwig2021 April 29th, 2021

This is awesome! I'd love to be a contributor. I guess I gotta become a listener first and I don't know how long that's gonna take me but this sounds really good. I'm so glad there is a community out there in this world that really support ppl with mental illness like me.