Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

2022 and 2023: Help Us Create a Cup Cloud!

SoulfullyAButterfly December 17th, 2022

Hi everyone,

_1671277142.2022yearendtaxandestate-banner.jpeg

We really enjoyed creating Cup clouds last year and so we thought we can work together on another year of word-based reflections and hopes!

Please feel welcome to share any word you feel describes the progress achieved as a community or personally. You can also share your word after generally reflecting on 2022. These words will be used to create a word (cup) cloud which we will share with the community as well as a post on social media. We also ask you to share your word in regards to any hopes for 2023!

Submissions should be sent via this form only.

Looking forward to this collaborative activity and wishing everyone the best.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou December 17th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly

"That" time of the year again haha, thankyouuu, Soul! ❀

IsayUncle December 17th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Where is the 2022 cup cloud located for viewing? Here within 7cups?

SoulfullyAButterfly OP December 17th, 2022

@IsayUncle yes, it sure is available for viewing. Just click > Here <

IsayUncle December 17th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly

What a very cool idea. Great Job, I love the concept. Are the larger words to the smaller words significant to how many times each word was entered? Is that what made HOPE the prominent word for '20 and '21?

I copied and pasted in jpeg format so I could zoom and see a lot of the smaller words too. That was fun.

SoulfullyAButterfly OP December 19th, 2022

@IsayUncle yes, the frequency helps make words more prominent, so Hope ended up being our collective community word! excited for what we end up having this year

EmbStitcher33 December 17th, 2022

Well, this year will be near the top of my top 10 worst years. I lost my son. So my word would be:

Grieving.

Next year I hope to change that word to:

Healing.

Rozie1976 December 18th, 2022

@EmbStitcher33

I wanted to say how very sorry I am you are going through this. I have lost almost 2 of mine this year, and my youngest is not out of the woods yet. I still remember the words the nurse told me on the phone that my oldest had flatlined after a seizure. Thank the universe they got him back, but he spoke or seeing a light.

Even though I have had scares from my 3 son's before in their lives early on, I could never imagine what you are going through right now. I had multiple losses this year, one very devastating to me, but none could compare to what you feel...I wish there was something I could say that would take your pain away, but I know there isn't, especially I am new here and we do not know each other. I hope it is OK, but I do send you healing love and positive energy your way, that your pain would ease so you could find some peace and closure to heal from this. (I also send it to your family.) πŸ’–πŸŒˆ

EmbStitcher33 December 18th, 2022

@Rozie1976

Thank you for you kind words. It helps to know someone is thinking of me (and my family). We're not a close family. My family of origin had a very abusive mother. So, we've all got our issues, but we try to be there for each other. It's kind of like being in a long plane crash with someone. You think you'll stay close but once the crash and it's initial affects are over, you swear you'll keep in touch with people you've shared that trauma with. But every time you get together, that old familiar trauma pain comes back.

It's lightened over the years, but it still affects all of us. So, don't have a whole lot of family support. Just one daughter and the girlfriend of my son and her daughter who was close to my son as she grew up

I joined 7 Cups 2 days after he died. This involvement has been a comfort. So, you reaching out to comfort me during this difficult time means a lot. I wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Be safe. Sending hugs if you accept them... ❀️ 😊 πŸŽ„

@EmbStitcher33 I'm very sorry to hear about your loss Emb. Please know that the entire community stands by you. I really like how you envision healing and also mention that being here has helped a lot - I find that that is a crucial step of the coping process, and I am very glad that you are here. Sending best wishes ❀️

Rozie1976 December 18th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I've had a lot of loss this year and have almost lost 2 of my sons, and recently found out the 3rd is to get his orders soon to be deployed. (Well, oldest did die on the table briefly after a seizure and flatline but came back. Youngest is sick with other things but on top of it all almost lost him to a burst appendix...always try to look for positive, and although it may not seem like one, due to CT scan for appendix found a mass growing they never found through other tests for various things...we are working on figuring that out, but good news is it is no longer undetected.) One word for 2022 would be grief for me, but also reflection. Reflection of where I am currently, where my son's are in their lives as well as my other children, and also where I am with all the wonderful friendships I still have of those that are still with me...I see grief was used already at least once, so I choose "REFLECTION" for my 2022 word.

For 2023 I have recently made a tough decision that will completely change my world. If you do not take risks, then you cannot get a chance to make your life better sometimes. This risk is going to actually remove so much stress and negative energy that was in my life due to my job/career. I now have the huge opportunity to make something of my passion and dreams, plus be more available to help my youngest who is not well. I've just let depression take over my life, so I'm finding it hard to get the motivation back to move forward to a more successful life. (I know that I have so much that I can do, and some times that is overwhelming...some refer to it as not fear of failure, but actually fear of success, because you move out of your comfort zone.) With all this reflecting I would have to say that for 2023 my word is going to be "MOTIVATION".

Thank you for this opportunity for us all to create this word cup!! πŸ€—

As always sending healing love and positive energy everyone's way!! πŸ’–πŸŒˆ

@Rozie1976 As a deep thinker and reflector myself, I have to appreciate you for taking time to select your words and share part of your story. I really hope things get smoother - what I like about your reflection is how you recognize and are self-aware of your strengths and capabilities. I will look forward to supporting your upcoming journey and I know the entire community here will too: we rise by lifting others and you certainly have motivated me to spend some energy on some of the passionate projects I could focus on ❀️

royalMoment3213 December 21st, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly this is cool

amiableVision1813 December 26th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly Wow, this is fun! 😊

derekgibbs December 29th, 2022

Wishing you the best of the new year

lyricalAngel70 December 30th, 2022

This is amazing!

Thank you

BastianLatte December 30th, 2022

@SoulfullyAButterfly selfawareness