Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Background image follow-up

cloudySummer July 6th, 2023

Hi Cupsers,

as discussed and requested by @GlenM in

https://www.7cups.com/forum/siteupdates/GlensNookCommunity_547/NewBackgroundtoAddresstheBrightnessIssue_307478/

I've shared my suggestion for a 'poor man's dark mode' background image in the above thread, but as I know that probably noone sees it here, I've asked @beck1 for advice and she suggested I create a new thread for it.

If the team would like to pick this up, please let me know where to put the SVG file with the picture.

Side by side:

2023-07-06-20-39_1688668806.png

Night time background suggestion:

2023-07-06-20-39-1_1688668817.png

Heather225 July 6th, 2023

@cloudySummer

Hey!! We love and applaud the enthusiasm. The challenge is that we need to navigate the contrast between white modules and dark backgrounds. The dark background itself is easy to do. What's hard about implementing is that every module (and page) on the site will need to have an alternative dark version created for this to work. And every future new feature will need to be created for light and dark mode. Thanks for bringing this up and hope this provides insight into where we're at.

cloudySummer OP July 7th, 2023

@Heather225 I know, that's why I called it the 'poor man's dark mode'. The other part needs to be done also, I agree. It looks as if the website was pretty well prepared for that, though, with the CSS variables instead of fixed values being the key.

cloudySummer OP July 8th, 2023

@Heather225 Oh, and it wasn't as much enthusiasm as a request by Glen Moriarty. But hey, I enjoy doing stuff for no reason without having access to the necessary resources ... :/

Lou73 July 7th, 2023

@cloudySummer this looks amazing! thanks so much for putting this visual together! I'm an artist but not a tech person lol so thank you for taking the ideas and giving them life ๐ŸŒ™ I hope that in time this design can be used as part of a wonderful dark mode version ๐Ÿ˜Š