Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Warning...for saying not to commit suicide?

Topsy June 1st, 2016

I'm not sure if I just received a warning or not because I've never had one before. I got a pop up that stated rule number one about basically being nice.

I was having a conversation with someone at the time he said they should kill themselves because it would make everyone happier. I responded that killing yourself is something people do when they feel they have no other choice and "it's a cop out" to make a conscious decision to end your life because you think it will make someone else happy.

1) was that actually a warning I recieved?

2) is advising someone that NOT to kill themselves because they feel the world is better off without them a response that 7cups typically discourages??

BennyBoy470 June 2nd, 2016

@Topsy I think you did the right thing, discouragement to do something like that is always needed.

Harry53 June 1st, 2016

@Topsy you didn't do anything wrong, so please don't be offended. Pop-ups like the one you received are generated automatically by the system and sometimes they don't apply, as in this instance.

Topsy OP June 1st, 2016

@Harry53 oh thank you so much that's great to know!

Phthalo June 1st, 2016

@Harry53 are you talking about the popup you get that "blocks" you from sending messages with certain phrases? I don't think that's what she's talking about, because she said it stated rule #1.

@Topsy was it this or was it an actual orange warning popup?

But yeah otherwise, they give out warnings for weird reasons sometimes, and rule #1 can be interpreted in basically any way imaginable. So idk.

Phthalo June 1st, 2016

Because I have never heard of actual warnings being automatically generated...if it's true then that's not good...

Harry53 June 1st, 2016

@Phthalo yes, that'what I was thinking of.

Topsy OP June 2nd, 2016

@Phthalo it wasn't a blocked message but it wasn't orange either.. I'm on a phone so I may have inadvertently clicked something?

Amelia June 2nd, 2016

@Topsy--was this in a 1-1 chat or in one of the group chatrooms?

EmoSkater June 1st, 2016

It happened to me to that pop up thingy :/.. i think its normal meh...