Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Remembering musicalMagic

GlenM July 19th, 2020

I have some sad news to share. MusicalMagic has passed. She was a vibrant, kind, and compassionate soul that filled 7 Cups with her own music. She taught us all how to better listen to others that are struggling; how to tune in and provide better support. This is especially true in her mentoring work.

I just read through her reviews and this one stood out to me:

Stayed around and gave me hug after hug to help me make it thru the night. Thanks Magic.

I love that quote because that captures her spirit to me. She stayed around, she didnt give up on people, she walked alongside them, and she helped them heal, grow, and sometimes flourish.

I was talking with the ambassadors about her passing this morning. Obs shared how she was always looking out and helping Obs each step of the way. Tazzie highlighted her encouraging work as a mentor and came up with the idea of honoring musicalMagic with a badge. This new badge will be made on Monday:

musicalMagic - For spreading kindness in the listener rooms.

Please share thoughts below to help us remember musicalMagic. We will also find a family contact so we can share these thoughts with them. If you have a contact, then please let me know.

LittleBirdie30 July 20th, 2020

@GlenM I am so sorry to hear of her passing. May she rest in peace. heart

TheResilientDancer July 20th, 2020

Rest in peace and fly high. We will forever miss you. Remember that you will always be in our hearts and minds even if you are no longer on 7Cups

incognitoknight0101 July 20th, 2020

May her lovely soul rest in peace..

GlenM OP July 20th, 2020

Hi all, with some help from our community, we were able to make contact with the family. Here is the information they sent over:

Dear Glen,

Thank you so much for this. Our family so appreciates reading about all the ways my Sister Sheree touched people's lives.

I don't know if you know, but her work as a listener and mentor with the 7 cups community was so very important to my sister. Her degree was in communications. Her legacy is her courage, kindness and empathy for others. I hope you will visit her memorial page and share it with the community.

sheree-stone.forevermissed.com

I know that right up to near the end, she was trying to be available for people on 7cups. She regretted not being able to be there for others in her last days. She was in such intolerable pain and yet she talked about feeling badly about not being able to be there. My sister was an extraordinarily generous and courageous person. She never lost her ready laughter and her desire for everyone to love themselves and know happiness. The world was a better place for her having walked here. I can't tell you how very much we will miss her.

Best,

Elise

Hi Glen,

Oh yes, please do share. My sister was just everything to me. I know how much her 7cups community meant to her. I am so happy that you reached out. And she would be so pleased about the badge. It is a lovely way to commemorate her life on 7cups.

Very best,

Elise

HoneyBubbleTea July 20th, 2020

@GlenM Awwww that's sooo lovely <3 Magic talk with me about her sister and they had an incredible bond <3 thanks for the link <3 hugs to everyone

@HoneyBubbleTea I noticed your thing that you put on the tribute page. It was adorable and left me in tears. I am sure that Elise would love it.

@GlenM Aww that is so sweet but heartbreaking to here about the pain @musicalMagic was facing in her final days. 😭 So glad you found family contact.

(no idea what all the stuff about the download was. It was not me who did that. Must be gremlins in the system.)

Asruu July 21st, 2020

@GlenM

Despite being in pain she reached out to touch hearts and help the community, how amazing is that! This makes me wish more to have met her. May the Almighty shine your way to heaven ❤

Heather225 July 20th, 2020

I called her sunshine. She brought so much light into our community. She was so very selfless and truly wanted the best for her mentees, and anyone she came into contact with. A truly beautiful soul. I am going to miss her dearly, and we will uphold her memory here as a part of our 7 Cups family.

Top 30 Sunshine GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

secretBirch261 July 20th, 2020

She was the one person who stuck by me here through thick and thin over the past few years. Heartbroken is an understatement 💔

PetiteSouris July 20th, 2020

I didn't get a chance to talk to her one on one. However, I recall her visiting the listening rooms. My heart is heavy but I know she has fulfilled her purpose on earth. I know by reading everyone's posts. Thank you for sharing her life with me. May she sleep in peace. My condolences to her family and loved ones during this time. My love to everyone in the community and her loved ones.

🌹

AffyAvo July 21st, 2020

tXrtBMC.png

fb4Gj6v.png

TheResilientDancer July 21st, 2020

@AffyAvo 😭 Now that bio is beautiful and it is definitely a great representation of what a good bio looks like for when you are trying to find a listener.

HoneyBubbleTea July 21st, 2020

@AffyAvo I cant still cope the lost of Magic thanks for sharing her profile 😭💕

ifyouknowtocountcountwithme April 3rd, 2021

She was my mentor and an excellent person. She is missed

Petrichor2000 July 21st, 2020

May her soul rest in peace.

JaydenIsHere July 22nd, 2020

@GlenM

this is so heartbreaking to hear, she was always such a ray of positivity whenever i talked to her :( rest in peace

RPaul July 22nd, 2020

@GlenM Though I personally didn't knew her..I really can feel the sadness.The sadness you feel when you lose a dear friend. This is the power of a beautiful soul. You don't need to know them personally to feel how much they meant to the lot of us. But I know one thing..she would'nt have wanted us to lament her death. Rather to remember how she used her goodness and her heart to again make all those broken people stand up on their two feet. Hey Musical..I know we never met..but I know you are at a better place now and don't worry we will not let your efforts go into waste. We will continue to spread all the kindness in behalf of you..RIP

PenguinPower31 July 23rd, 2020

The news of Magical's passing is difficult to take in. We were going to work together on the LL team but she had said health concerns were preventing her from being involved at the moment. I know that it was important for her to know that people valued the efforts she put into 7cups and I hope she did know how important she was to this community. I have put off saying something here because I don't know what can be said that is adequate. I just have felt withdrawn trying to process this loss. Also I am reminded of words from a song about how everyone buys flowers for those who have passed on but maybe we should send them flowers while they are still with us? I can only hope that Magic knew the high regard with which she was held and I hope that I will be able to not take for granted all of you still here while there is still time to let you know that you matter to me though it is difficult to do this sometimes with all the activities that fill up our lives. Hugs to all who want them.

GeekGoddess September 5th, 2020

RIP MusicalMagic 😭 💖

Sunisshiningandsoareyou January 9th, 2021

This is probably too late now, but somethings are unexplainable and so is the reason why I am writing here now .... my thoughts are a bit scattered, hands a little shaky and eyes a lot watery right now so anyone reading this please bear with me ... I am a listener on the site since June '2020 ... didn't know much about the group chatrooms or the community in general till around July-August, so naturally I didnt know or get the chance to witness her magic in rooms or around the site in general ...this is the third time I am on this page ...the first 2 times I couldn't gather the courage to type here, words didn't seem enough, the first time was when I read about her and it didnt feel like someone I didn't even know, I felt connected with her somehow? I felt connected with the pain others expressed here, I shared the love and tears others had for her, for the community's loss, I think that's what a really beautiful soul does? The immense amount of impact one person could create without even being there in presence? That's how she really spread her magic around here and it's still felt and experienced, even without her being here *actually*. ❤

When I came to know about the badge in her name and the description for the same, something in me really craved for it...maybe I wanted to feel connected and close to this beautiful person, somehow?

I received the badge recently, musicalMagic- for spreading kindness in listener rooms .... I think the only badge I've ever really wanted to have, to achieve, to work for and to be proud of... is this one ... when I look at the badge on my profile, I feel I am stepping in an exceptional human's path and even if I don't know her nor have met or seen her ... I am glad I can experience the legacy she left behind ......

I hope wherever she is, may her beautiful soul rest in peace. heart

MistyMagic January 10th, 2021

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou Beautiful words, thank-you for helping us to keep her memory alive! You did really well to achieve the badge, it was well deserved! Please keep up the hard work! Every Support Form you submit helps a listener!

For full details please read the post here

https://www.7cups.com/forum/ListenerLearningJourney_149/ListenerChatroomInformation_2043/LSRandTLAnnouncement_228004/

Sunisshiningandsoareyou January 15th, 2021

@MistyMagic

Thankyouu so much, Misty🤗❤ It really means alot !!

Thankyouu for overlooking the Care team too, you all are doing a fabulous job, all support and encouraencouragement is muchly appreciated ❤❤

vivelespatates February 28th, 2021

@GlenM how do i get it? i miss my listener twin :'(

MistyMagic February 28th, 2021

@vivelespatates Heyy! I miss her too! Here are the details of how to get the MusicalMagic badge!

Listening - One Step At A Time!

vivelespatates February 28th, 2021

@MistyMagic I don't see want link with forms and musicalmagic, she was not the one making us fill a max of forms and approving to always ask to volunteers to make more. It makes no sense to associate her with this kind of stuff.

mamtasha22 February 28th, 2021

@GlenM

Though I never got to meet her she was a really nice person and may her soul rest in peace

Unicornriley June 24th, 2021

I have nothing but my deepest regrets, for not getting to spend more time with MusicalMagic.

She had always been there for us, thick and thin, and was always so uplifting. She always brightened the room when she came in, and helped us, be it in DMs or group chat.

MusicalMagic, you will be, and are missed.

Thank you for all you did and do for us.

MieraCurie February 22nd, 2023

@GlenM

I left for 2 years and came back to hear about musicalMagic and Tazzie at the same time. I hate that I wasn't there. Magic has taught me a lot and I came back and she's gone. It really hurts me, I wish I was there 😢

Sunisshiningandsoareyou February 22nd, 2023

@MieraCurie *offers hugs* ❤

MieraCurie February 22nd, 2023

Hugs. Thank you.

brilliantTurtle89 February 22nd, 2023

@MieraCurie

Hugs from me too. Magic was a very special person who I still miss very much.❤️