Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Some ideas for improvement to the site's UI/UX/bugs

GreenBeing5367 June 26th, 2023

I am using a desktop web browser. I have noticed a lot of changes to the website lately.

1. When I join the Queue of people waiting for a volunteer listener, can you make it really clear somewhere that I am in the queue? Earlier today, I tried to join the queue of people waiting for a volunteer listener. It wasn't clear whether I was in queue or not. I had to switch over to my Listener Account in another browser to confirm that I was really in the queue like I wanted.

2. Please make it really easy and simple to find the correct buttons for Members to join the queue for a Volunteer listener. Right now it's a little confusing. If I wasn't an experienced Listener and Member, I might find it really confused. For example, when you click the Chat button, it takes me to a really strange page. It's like the Chat Page but without any Chat selected. And that page is not very easy to use. 75% of the page is blank white space from the Empty chat window. I could take a screenshot later if you want. Clicking the chat button should take me to a page that has no blank space. Just big buttons for all of the important features: New Volunteer Listener Chat, New Therapist Chat, Your 5 most recent Chats, A button to see all older chats, etc.

3. There's a bug where the last message I received from the person I'm chatting with can appear out of order. For example, Maybe I sent a message at 1:15pm and the person I'm chatting with sent a message at 1:13pm. Somehow their message appeared after mine. I don't have a screenshot. I haven't tried to reproduce the issue. But if you ask me to reproduce the issue, I can.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou June 28th, 2023

Hiya @GreenBeing5367 those are some good suggestions and feedback!

1. I'm not very sure, but I think there was some kinda "connecting with a listener" message at the bottom of the screen after one goes through the connect-now/ general queue route for a listener, also those reminders to connect in group chats till a listener accepts request?

If there isn't one now, I find it a good thing to add. Some prompts on the screen would certainly be helpful to know if a member is being connected/ is in queue or not!

2. I'm not certain about the technicalities here, but simplified things are always better, so I hope the tech team can look into your suggestions!

3. I've had the same experience and so many others too, I feel it's one of the bugs after the recent update.

Are you facing this in the 1.0/ previous chat system? Also, Did you try using 2.0 chat system yet? (Some peers have shared that they didn't find this messages appearing out of order issue when they switched to the updated version)

Please do feel free to share your feedback and suggestions regarding the new system in this thread or using this form.

Feedback and suggestions, in general for the site, and related, otherwise can always be passed on to the admins, via the appropriate channels mentioned in this post.

(Blue text is clickable)

I hope, in time the bugs are as minimal as possible and everyone's experience here improves. 💛