Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Lack of Mods

optimalrest July 3rd, 2018

Why do you not have any mods or admins of any kind suppressing spammers?! People are discouraged from using this website & encouraged to go elsewhere to a similar website--including myself--when they see that no action is being taken to make the forums accessible & useful. Swarming every single forum with spam posts is a huge problem & I don't see anyone with the power to do something about it doing anything.

WMi July 3rd, 2018

@optimalrest i agree. these past few hours seems like none actions have been taken to delete those spamming posts in forums. how disturbing :(

AffyAvo July 3rd, 2018

@optimalrest There are a group of us who moderate the forums. WIth the switch over to community-centred moderation, the number did decrease, I'm not sure how many of us there are.

Unfortunately, we have to open each topic in order to delete a post, so it's a bit of a slow slog when there's a number of spammy posts. I hope we can get more tools in the future to help deal with the spam/prevent it from being posted to start with!

You can help by flagging posts, some of the forum moderators have access to a list of the flags, so they don't have to sort through all the posts to get to the spam.

optimalrest OP July 5th, 2018

@AffyAvo People who do nothing beyond repeatedly spam as many forums as they can should be banned.