Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

It's been a while

blue422electricboogalo August 26th, 2019

Hey, it's been a few months since I cut -last September I think , I didn't have much awareness of time back then. Not much recently either. My time awareness goes back when I fall. Right now I'm good. Just recovering from jet lag and stuff. I've wanted to cut. Gotten close. Dug my fingernail into the side of my thumb and half-hoped it would bleed. Bit into the side of my mouth. Cracked my lips. Pressed down on and picked at other, natural, wounds. Hurt myself mentally. Read the written down version of my friend's thoughts "[name] talks about killing herself almost casually" because I knew it would hurt. Clenched my hands into fists so tight that my nails dig into my palm. Held into the weak Swiss army knife in my pocket and told myself , no - I cannot , not with someone else's knife,. Thought " I want to physically stab myself ". Told my friends , worrying them for an entire day. So , yeah, I've been clean from cutting. My wrist shows no new scars. I don't know if any of these other acts count as self harm too. Maybe they do. I should try and make them stop too.

August 27th, 2019

@blue422electricboogalo

Thank you for sharing your feelings here and writing everything down. It is not easy and it takes courage. I hear your pain very well and I feel sad for you. Your words really touched me.

Those acts that you mention do count as self-harm, but I am really proud of you for being clean from cutting for such a long time. I know you have everything inside you to stay clean from other things too. Recovery takes times and getting things out as you are doing is one of its steps. We are here to support you. Please reach out whenever you want.