Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Summer is closing in and I ain't thrilled

UndertaleEnjoyerAndy January 27th, 2023

I'm excited for summer but at the same time I am so scared. This will be the first year I have to answer to people for my scars. I don't know how to handle that and swimming is going to be so stressful. Like don't get me wrong, my best friend and his family know and they are probably going to be the only ones I swim around other than my family and they know. It's just that I feel like someone is staring at my scars when I'm alone and I just know it's gonna be so much worse when I'm actually around people. I don't know I'm just so scared for summer to start.

SilverMistakes January 28th, 2023

@UndertaleEnjoyerAndy,

Having to be openly showing your scars even if you know that the other person wouldn't judge you for them , it stressful to think about it or go through. I understand that Andy. There's a lot of trust you have to put into your friends and family for that. And it still feels disturbing. The fact that you are considering to do so is a feat in and of itself. I am proud of you. Those are your battle wounds. You may or may not be able to look at it that way right now. But they are. They show your struggles indeed but they also show your willingness to not give up and attempts to cope with the situation you have been through. From there side it might not be easy to avert their eyes from your scars initially. Because it's new to them. Just know that when they look at it , they see your immense strength to go on, nothing else. There are few who might ridicule you for your scars ,who come to judge you for it , let's try our best to ignore them. We don't need them either . Because people who really care will be proud of you at the moment. Take care , plenty of hugs 🤗🌞(if that's Okay)