Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Self harm [⚠️TRIGGER WARNING⚠️]

Kariaross January 22nd, 2023

Why do I Like the feeling when I c*t myself and see the bl○○d and when I see it I just can't stop c*tting myself???

CalmWaves3939 January 22nd, 2023

@Kariaross

Hiya Kariaross, thank you for making this post because I know that some people have felt this way before. It is a confusing feeling and as self-harm is very addicting it can cause our mind to 'like' the feeling. As it's often a way of coping with our thoughts, feelings and emotions our brain makes us 'like' it so we can continue to cope.

"Self-harm usually starts as a way to relieve the build-up of pressure from distressing thoughts and feelings. This might give temporary relief from the emotional pain the person is feeling."

Your feelings are completely valid, and this is why it can be hard to stop wanting to self-harm as the short amount of relief after can be intoxicating to the point we want more. You're doing great by sharing your thoughts about the topic and I was wondering, have you tried any other coping mechanisms other than self-harm or any distraction techniques? if so how did these go?

If you want to feel free to look through this link: The truth about self-harm | Mental Health Foundation <3 It may be able to help you understand your feelings a bit more

Kariaross OP January 22nd, 2023

Hi thank you so much...

Yes I have I started gyming and I helps me a lot but I'm sick now and can't go to the gym or do something to cler my mind so now these last 2-3 weeks I couldn't stop thinking abt relapsing and I don't k kw what to do...

CalmWaves3939 January 22nd, 2023

@Kariaross

Going to the Gym is amazing Kariaross! It really helps with mental health. It can also be a good distraction. I also use the gym as a distraction at times so I know how positive it can be going there even if it's just to leave the house.

I am sorry to hear your sick right now and I hope you feel better soon. It sounds like these last 2-3 weeks have been more difficult because of being ill and unable to do your regular distractions. I can hear that relapse has been on your mind at the moment and you're unsure on what to do. I was wondering if there is anyone you can talk to 1-1 about this in your family or friends? Or if you wanted to you could connect to a listener on here for a 1-1 chat 💜