Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I relapsed so fast... (trigger warning)

CallmeKir January 25th, 2021

After only a week I went back to it. I'm disappointed in myself but I couldn’t help but like it. I hate that I liked it. I feel ashamed but I’m so conflicted. Anyway I should probably start with some background:

When I started, the first time I cut myself it was just to see how it felt. But then I started liking it because it gave me something to focus on that wasn’t the worries that run through my head when I try to sleep. I made myself stop pretty early on though by reminding myself I wouldn’t want anyone finding out, and what would happen if they did.

I was good for almost a week until tonight. It’s the first time I didn’t calculate it first when I hurt myself. I was so frustrated, and I didn’t have an outlet for all of this energy, so I took the sharp knife from my desk. I never do that much, just enough to have something to focus on, to fix.

I’m scared I’m gonna get worse because of tonight. It’s not that I want to punish myself, it’s that I want to hurt something, but I don’t want to hurt anyone. It also doesn’t help that it gives me something to fix which also gave a focus. I hate myself for doing it but it helped. I’m going to keep trying not to hurt myself but I guess we’ll see.

Asher January 25th, 2021

Thank you for sharing this with us here.

Lemonbria March 6th, 2021

Hey, I know the fight is hard. But trust me when I say it is worth. Instead of having that be your fixation, you should look into other things to focus on. I have heard they know have games to distract from that kind of thing, a you could try exercising, punching bag, or even reading or singing. Hell, even dancing. Give yourself something else to focus on

Pstpst March 8th, 2021

Hello Kir, thanks for sharing your pain here. I know it's difficult to be share what one feels. It is good to know that u are self aware. The road ahead isn't easy but its not difficult when u have all of us along your way to see you doing better. Feel free to reach out to anyone and take one step at a time :)