Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I need help now its gotten bad

Enchanted2024 August 19th, 2022

Hey everyone, my name is Swifty and I am a 16-year-old girl. This is an extremely difficult post for me to make since it's one of my biggest triggers but here I go. Um, so I first started SH at the age of 8 and then attempted to commit for the first time at the age of 9. Honestly, I am ashamed to say it but I have been self-harming daily for a bit now. My mum thinks I do this to get attention or it's a phrase I'm going through.

****TW mentions of methods no graphic details tho****

My sh methods I do is cutting, scratching or pinching, interfering with healing, biting my lip so it bleeds, minor burns, carving words into my skin and sometimes I will scrape objects along my skin. I actually found 7 cups by googling something bad and found this instead. This website has been by far the best thing that has ever happened to me. I have met so many wonderful members and listeners and it's like the family I never had. We all look after each other and support each other. The Community Mods are all outstanding and yeah.

I want to work on not harming

Imma tag a few people because they have made me want to do this :D

@Here4good74 @vroomvroom @ShaunX @Listeningsarinn @Estrellitaa @CommunityModKay @CommunityModMeir

ShaunX August 19th, 2022

@Swiftygirl13

Hey Swifty! It's great seeing you post in SHR!

I agree. The 7cups community is indeed amazing. I have learned so much and met many new and amazing people here, such as yourself!

I'm happy to hear you want to work on reducing or even quitting self-harm! 🎉🎉🎉

The road to recovery is often long, filled with many relapses and dips; you got this!

(ps, I believe SHR is hosting an event starting tomorrow, do come by if you're free!)

Here4good74 August 19th, 2022

@Swiftygirl13, thank you so much for mentioning me on your extremely courageous post..

Your post has been read through tears, I appreciate your courage, thank you for sharing so much about you struggles, dear @Swiftygirl13.

I hear you. I'm so deeply sorry to hear about how much you have been struggling, this is such a long time to be enduring. This sounds immense and arduous, I admire your strength to be pushing through thus far.

Self-harm is a way of coping, it's never for attention and I'm hearing that you feel ashamed about using it so often lately, dear, there's nothing to be ashamed about, you sound like you are going through a rough, rough time and trying your best to navigate through it and make sense out of all the emotional overwhelming pain.

I admire and appreciate your intention to avoid self-harm. I think you have heard about these mechanisms already, but I will mention them anyway.
I had a similar experience with self-harm in the past as well, these are some of the things that I want to suggest for you.
I know fighting those urges is draining, you got this..... things like rubbing an ice cube over the place where you want to self-harm, drawing with a red marker, tearing something up into so many pieces, going for a run, hitting cushions etc..
Sometimes when I couldn't do any of the above, I tell myself, "I will wait for 10 minutes, maybe I'll forget about it or get engaged in a distraction", this has helped me as well.
I also want to share this self-help guide link on self-harm: https://www.7cups.com/self-harm/

And this one on family stress: https://www.7cups.com/family-stress/

I'm over the moon that you are here among us, most importantly, findings it thriving and helpful. We are here for you, always...

I hold you very close to my heart. Sending hugs and caring thoughts for strength and moments of peace and comfort ✨ xxx♡♡

PuzzleAzul September 14th, 2022

I have a bad case of scratchin for +6 years, anxiety and all that. The thing that works better for me is keep me busy. The moment I lose focus on something I start thinking about anxiety and the itch start and cant stop the scratching till it hurts so bad that pain is stronger than anxiety.

I always carry something in the pocket to fidge with or have a to do list in the phone so i can be busy with wasy things always.

It works for me but cant say it will work to other people. You can try to see if helps.