Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

a year

sadkelsey October 24th, 2014

I used to self harm very severely for about three years straight, but as of October 26th, I will be a year clean. I was also just discharged from the hospital so I feel like I deserve some sort of reward, but I don't know what. While in the hospital, my mantra was this too shall pass so I was thinking of maybe getting a ring saying that? but I feel like people may see it and ask me about it and it's not a comfortable topic for me. Does anyone have any suggestions for what I should do to celebrate? It's similar to a sobriety anniversary to me, but I have serious social anxiety so I wouldn't want to have a party or do anything social. Only one person outside my family and doctors knew and he is no longer in my life, so it would have to be discreet. I'm open to any ideas, anything you've done to celebrate something similar, or even just a congratulations.

BobbyRo October 26th, 2014

Hey,

Despite the fact that I have no idea who you are and can't send anything physical (a ring, like in your example ) I have thought about how I could make you a surprise or cheer you up and finally found the answer ( there's always something, if you think and focus enough :D ).

Wanted to be something both relevant and helpful to you and considering most of us tend to use either their Smartphones and/or PC quite a few hours a day, I've considered a wallpaper for both Smartphone and PC would do it: this way, if you set it as a wallpaper, every time you open your Smartphone/PC you will remember about this community and that you're not alone and also it has a positive message, which hopefully will help you get over your problems easier :)

I've posted the link that leads to the wallpapers (hosted on my blog) on my Listener profile, under my Bio, as that's the only place we're allowed to post external links ( deep linking ).

Quote from TOS "Listener may use ?deep linking? only to his or her personal Web page within 7CupsofTea.com but not to any other part thereof"

Hope it will be a nice surprise and present to celebrate your achievement, Kelsey :) Also, let me/us know if you eventually found a way to celebrate it in real life too. Hope to hear from you soon, have a wonderful day, c'yaaaaaaa :)