Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

healing from self hatred

toastydoodler June 2nd

does anyone have any tips for not hating the way that they look? i’ve been having trouble recently with hating my stomach and my weight and i was wondering if anyone can help 

toughTiger6481 June 4th

@toastydoodler

How come you hate anything about your self?   It is outside sources often that makes us question things about ourselves.

The  subject of  weight and or being in shape ....... that is one of the easier things to change and you have the power to change or leave yourself as is.  Toning up may help you feel happier with your appearance or comfortable in your looks.    

IMO we try to change or feel bad about things based on others .........not ourselves and it does not work and is a circle.  When we change or do things purely for ourselves it works and you can do it.

Do not chase what fads or something that worked for others find something you can stay with and consistently do.  Being happy with yourself makes it easier to stay with any program. 

lolcooterbob3402 June 7th

Anything can be overcome. Think of something your really good at. Could be sewing anything. Anything your good at and get competitive about. Take darts for instance. Before you throw it. You talk a lil smack. Aim. Bring your arm back. Throw. Bullseye. What you wore, what you look like, what people think. Non had effect on you. So how you do it? You hyped yourself up in your head. You believed in yourself. You willed it to happen. There are thousands of cults all over the world. They dont get people by the way they look. They talk them Into it.

If your in a small town it can be hard to try to change. So go somewhere else. Even just on weekends. If your somewhere nobody knows you then your free to be anyone you want. Then fake it till you make it. Confidence is a stain you cant wipe off. And Confidence is good enough.