Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Can't Make Friends

willingLion3134 July 25th

I've had issues making friends ever since after high school. I'm 25 now, I do have a couple friends but we almost ever meet in person nor do they check up on me.

I've never had a friend that checks on me and it's lonely. It makes me feel like it wouldn't even matter if I disappeared. Also my boyfriend makes me feel insecure about being introverted . I just feel so disconnected from the real world because of my lack of genuine connection.

toughTiger6481 July 25th

@willingLion3134

making friends is a big subject.  being introverted can be an issue in this as well.... 

how many friends would you call and check on ?        how many people do you reach out to? 

To have friends especially long term friends requires a 2 way street...of you being a friend in return.

It is hard after we leave school or workplaces where friends we all in the same place and saw them almost daily ... grown up friendships require more work and time to connect and meet up. 

bigboybeni August 1st

having some issues making and maintaining friendships as an extrovert myself. if you are radiating love and compassion, it is not your fault that friendships are difficult for you now. i'm at a similar stage in life and there are very few avenues to make friends for anyone around our age. for postgraduate schooling and work, everyone is off doing their own thing and i find it hard to connect with people through those ways. try reconnecting with old friends and putting in some effort into those connections to see if they reciprocate that energy. i do hope that your partner isn't inhibiting your growth. as someone who struggles with loneliness, i found myself holding onto relationships that hurt me and my progress. explore the dynamics in that relationship and see if you are staying together out of want, and not because you think you need to "settle for less."