Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

The Community Guideline Series part 5

AnnaSilverberg January 21st

Hay everyone✨!

Welcome to part 5 in the Community Guidelines Series.

We have learned so much by now but we continue our learning progress 

If you want to read the guidelines, you can do so here!

And if you haven’t seen part 1- 4 you can do so here, here, here and here!

Psst😛 in part two and four, you can take a fun quiz to brush up on your knowledge!

In this post we want to focus on the guidelines we have related to our safety and how
we can make sure to do our part in keeping Cups safe.
It also entails what is appropriate behavior and what isn’t, I recommend giving this post
a good read, there’s no quiz after this one but in the next and final post, there will be one

We have some Forum post links within this post, feel free to check them out and share
your take on them in the comments, I’d love to hear your thoughts

Please make sure that we stay appropriate and that we remain supportive to one another.
We are a community and it’s up to us to keep our community healthy. 

Refrain from sharing personal contact information
Including, but not limited to, social media accounts, home addresses, phone numbers,
messaging apps/sites because they don’t guarantee your safety on Cups,
or any other medium of contact off-site, this includes Podcasts that you host as well.
Learn more about internet safety in this forum.
I do recommend that you look at it, it truly has valuable information.

Offsite contact is never permitted while you are a member of the 7 Cups community, including if you are on a self-care or deactivation break. While you are a member of this community, no matter your account status, this is the rule. There are no exceptions. Please respect it & keep yourself safe!

Respect the boundaries of other community members.
Boundaries are the key to healthy communication, we have to respect the boundaries that members of this community have. Listeners and Members.
This also means that there is a total ban on stalking and harassment of any kind.

Choose not to engage in sexual chat or flirting.
This is not allowed to any degree on Cups. 

Graphic, flirtatious, and sexually suggestive language is strictly prohibited.
We can’t share links of this nature either, on Cups we have a zero-tolerance policy for these behaviors. Even if it is consensual, it is not allowed on 7 Cups. Read more about sexual chats and flirting in this forum.

We have a behavior point system.
We ask each user to live by the guidelines outlined in this thread.
Each behavior mentioned will be assigned a behavior point, once a certain number of points are accumulated within a specific period, consequences will be enacted.

Zero Tolerance Policy
Zero Tolerance Policy draws a clear line that we will not support or entertain certain behaviors like being unsupportive, bullying, any form of discrimination or racism, inappropriate or flirting, sexual chatting,
or violation of any community guidelines.

High Warmth, High Expectations are a part of the 7 Cups Community Culture. We want to foster and maintain a healthy and uplifting community. And, in order to do that, everyone is accountable for their behavior.

Here are some fun questions for you:

• What do I do if I get a chat where the other person is inappropriate?

• What do I do if someone asks for my personal information?

• How can I make sure that the chat I am in remains appropriate?

• Where do I report someone when they are inappropriate?

💙Thank you all for reading through this wonderful post💙
This is the final post in the series, I hope you all learned something new. 
Thank you for taking part in it.

You guys are absolutely amazing💙!

We wish you a wonderful rest of your day

@AnnaSilverberg

Thank you for putting this together, Anna, all the reminders for our safety are helpful reminders, and can use a refresher often hehe.💗

• What do I do if I get a chat where the other person is inappropriate?

If someone's being inappropriate in a chat with me, I remind them of the expected behavior and guidelines to be followed, my role and limitations as a listener only here to provide emotional support plus my boundaries, ethics and tolerance as a human being, politely reiterating it a couple of times, if needed, so they have the opportunity to change their behavior. If no change, despite a few verbal reminders, I end the chat after informing them (of course xD). If they persist still, the block and report button to the rescue. 

Additionally, always is helpful to take screen shots in this case, and report via helpdesk. 

• What do I do if someone asks for my personal information?

I find it especially funny (*not*) when listeners do that, even those who have been here long enough to *know* not to ask those things. Almost feels like a test lol! "Let's see if this one slips up" xD

That aside, in general, if someone asks for my personal information, I inform them I'm not comfortable sharing that plus 7 cups guidelines discourage everyone to share anything identifying and personal, for safety and anonymity reasons. 

Again, if someone is being disrespectful and/ or persistent, screenshots and reporting becomes necessary. 

• How can I make sure that the chat I am in remains appropriate?

Some ways I think that can be helpful are: being appropriate in the chat specially around possible topics that could lead to the conversation making a south turn, making use of verbal reminders where necessary, having and maintaining boundaries throughout etc. 

• Where do I report someone when they are inappropriate?

Different ways for different kinds of reporting, all mentioned here: https://www.7cups.com/community-guidelines/Safety-Reporting-c97e53621f924398b1db1088c9def307

AnnaSilverberg OP January 22nd
🌞 @Sunisshiningandsoareyou 🌞

Amazing answers Sun! 
I absolutely loved them, thank you for giving so thoughtful answers💙
You sure know how to handle things in case they go the wrong way, 
thank you for being in this amazing community
💕
✨💙✨
✨